Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1605 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     Suggestions and Feedback :

TalkFreelance Just Isn't The Same

Thread title: TalkFreelance Just Isn't The Same

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
10-28-2007, 09:12 PM
Purge is offline Purge
Expertise:
Software:

Purge is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Purge Send a message via MSN to Purge

Old

Originally Posted by Seb View Post
I'm quite a new member, but I will say (and please don't take this the wrong way) that the management of this site is poor, and rarely do we see updates. As mentioned prior to my post, everything seems to take a lot longer than normal with this forum, eg the JS popup window and the news section. Why even go live without sorting this kind of thing out? Good forums generally have frequent updates (big or small) that keep the members talking, excited, proud to be moving on.

The delay on the skin created a lot of anger towards the site I feel. The wait was so long that it was nearly digged at in every post. Had the management decided to keep a skin release subtle and not make too much fuss, imagine how delighted some people would have been to just see one go live. That would be the exact reverse to what has happened.

Forum activity is also a huge downfall, without the posts the forum is nothing. Some people in this thread have pointed out that quality articles and posts are needed, but I suggest the number of people seeking knowledge far outweighs the number of people with the knowledge. Many of us are still on a learning curve.

We need someone to take over the forum that is passionate about it, someone who's not in it for the money. I have yet to see Zee come here and defend himself. Clearly he doesn't have time for this forum, it's too big a roll for him to take on.
I have been here no where near the amount of time most of you have, but, after reading this topic, and the multiple posts; I actually agree with Seb; let me explain. Since I have joined TFL I have not seen many updates nor contests. I firmly believe that if more competitions were hosted; even if they are weekly or monthly competitions that it would help activity wise and even bring in new members.

When I first joined before the new skin was added to TFL I believe there was more activity. There were replies in topics that I made within a couple of minutes. Now there are topics that are days old that have not even been replied to.

I am not asking all of you to agree with me, after all I am only 15 and don't have much experience in this area. But all it takes is some common sense to fix a problem such as this one.