Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 2198 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Marketplace     Looking For / Wanting to Sell Products     Websites :

Football Manager Site/Forum For Sale

Thread title: Football Manager Site/Forum For Sale
Closed Thread    
02-03-2009, 10:45 AM
simonhayes_ is offline simonhayes_
Software:

simonhayes_ is on a distinguished road

Old  Football Manager Site/Forum For Sale

Hello there,

I am here to sell my entire website. Here is a little bit of information about us.

The-Gaffer.net opened in late July 2008, which started off as a laid back place to post about Football Manager, and Football Manager Live. The community began to grow, to the extent that one point, corrupting a database. We are now a ‘large’ site within our category, and have SI Affiliate status, along with high rankings in both the Football Manager and Football Manager Live official websites. We are also listed in the credits of the latest incarnation of the game: Football Manager 2009.

If you purchase the site, you will receive:
  • Invision Power Board (Purchased for $149.99 when new + renewal of $25 every 6 months)
  • Invision Power Download Manager (Purchased for $50 when new + renewal of $20 every year)
  • Custom-coded CMS with forum integration.
  • The-Gaffer.net domain name.
The site could easily make you a profit with Google Adsense, which is something we use minimally at the moment; which has only given us a small amount of revenue since introduction in October (unfortunately around the $10 mark).

On our forums, we have ~25,000 posts, by ~500 members. On our mainsite (recently reset and recoded in January) we have 27 pieces of content about the game. (At time of writing).

--------------------------------------------------------

Traffic for our Mainsite (and Forums before October)

(Click for Tabular)

Traffic for our Forums (Moved onto subdomain in October)

(Click for Tabular)

Why are you selling the site?
As I no longer have a motivation to run it, I feel it would be better for it to be passed on to someone who would use it to its full potential.

What scripts is it running?
As pointed out above, the site uses Invision Power Board and IP.Downloads. It also uses a custom-coded CMS, fully integrated into the forum community. These are all coded using PHP.

Do I need a license for these scripts?
For the Invision Power software, yes, for the CMS, no. The license for the Invision software will follow shortly after payment after the company have been notified. This will provide you with all access to the Resource and P2P support sites. (I will need information from you to transfer the license to the new owner)

Do I need to install GD Library, MySQL, Image Magick, etc?
The site runs with a MySQL backend and the GD Library for a CAPTCHA system on member registration.

Will I have full copyright to the scripts and content if I buy it?
The Invision Power software will remain copyrighted to Invision Power Services, but the CMS can be transferred to you at no extra charge as it was coded exclusively for the site by another administrator.

Is this content unique?
Most of the content is exclusive to the site; however, some parts have also been posted around other sites similar to us.

How much does your hosting cost?
We are hosted with HostGator.com, at the price of $7.95 p/m.

How much resources does it use?
The package the site is hosted on contains unlimited disc usage and unlimited bandwidth, however at the time this is being written, we are using 6,715MB of disc space.

What ad networks do you use?
We currently use Google Adsense on a very limited basis.

Do you have a Google Adsense account?
The Adsense account the site uses is a personal account used for other sites in the past. The account will not be included in the sale, but more information can be given at request.

Will you help me set it up?
Yes, absolutely! Both I and the other site administrators will help you out for the first few weeks should you need it!

If you have any questions or want any more information, please add me on MSN, or email me at simonhayes_[at]hotmail.com. I am also available via PM here, or on my site.

If you would also like to talk to the other administrator working on the site, please email him at putzy[at]skininvision.com.

We are looking for a starting price of $200, with the Buy-It-Now price of $1000, which may change should we feel necessary. We hope that this sale can conclude before Friday (06/02), and allow you to have full ownership of the site before Monday(09/02)!

Closed Thread