Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 2020 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Graphic Design, Multimedia and Photography     The Gallery Showcase :

Crespire - Please Review?

Thread title: Crespire - Please Review?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
05-29-2006, 11:18 AM
MattL is offline MattL
Expertise:
Software:

MattL is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to MattL

Old

Originally Posted by JamesYooKay
Are you kidding?

Design isn't that important. Most websites about what we're about don't have any kind of design at all. Deviant art for instance, is just green. And thats about it. Make sure you know what you're talking about next time.
Design is equally important as is content, both of which you don't have much of. Deviantart has a wonderful design. Simplicity is much more pleasing than what you have created for Crespire. Majority of members DO know what they are talking about, and your disrespect towards them is uncalled for.

And I had a look at some of the other designs here, and they're all the same. Same colours, same kind of concept.. Why would we want to do that? Big glossy text and white isn't interesting at all.
If you were any sort of designer you would see that not one TF members style is the same as anothers. You may see some from people who are over-inspired, bu those are beside the fact.

Are you suggesting that we just get some designer to make it look like something else here?

Besides, how good does THAT look, having someone ELSE design an art website for you? Not good.
It also doesn't look too hot when you present an overall poorly designed website, when you yourself are an artist.

I appreciate your responses, but I don't think they're well thought-out.

We spent about a year checking around the internet before we gave the go ahead to this project, and half of them looked rather plain, and half of them looked like they could be the same site.
Many of the responses are better thought-out than yours. Now; I am not trying to upset you in any way, but I do not understand how you can respond the way you have; to people reviewing your website which you specifically requested them to do.