View Single Post
12-15-2012, 01:02 AM
KewL is offline KewL
Expertise: Design, Music, Xhtml, Css
Software: Photoshop, Coda, FL Studio

KewL is an unknown quantity at this point

Old  What computer should I buy? (expert help please)!!

Hey guys, I want to get a new desktop, laptop, or AIO for Christmas. I could really use the advice/recommendations from someone familiar with hardware and building PC's. Let's get right into it.

My budget is around $400-500 (USD), and I'd like something capable of handling new games (not on the highest video settings anything, just smoothly).

I don't really care about the case or how it looks. The best hardware possible, on my budget, is what's important to me.

I'm pretty sure I can follow a youtube tutorial and build it myself. I remember back in the day I bought a new case and graphics card for my old eMachines. I was able to place everything in the right places, I did need help connecting a few of the wires though. I'm a lot older, wiser, and smarter now though. Worst case scenario, I could probably find someone to help. Shouldn't be a problem, right?

I'm also not sure if I want a laptop/desktop/AIO. I'm leaning towards a desktop, since they're generally cheaper, and they're easy to upgrade. If the technical specs are only slightly better on a desktop, on my budget, then I'd probably prefer a laptop, because of their size and mobility. What do you think?

Recap
  • Desktop, Laptop, or AIO?
  • Budget: 400-500
  • Use: General, Games, Design/Coding Software
  • Looks/style dont matter
  • Best hardware possible for budget

If someone could answer my questions ,and put together the pieces on newegg/tiger-direct/etc, they would be my hero!

Thanks a billion!

- Robby