Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 2075 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     Suggestions and Feedback :

Where can I post about a scammer?

Thread title: Where can I post about a scammer?
Closed Thread    
06-14-2008, 10:53 PM
rochow is offline rochow
Expertise:
Software:

rochow is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to rochow Send a message via Skype™ to rochow

Old  Where can I post about a scammer?

I posted in the guys thread, and of course it got deleted (being around so long he's probably buddies with the mods)

Of course no-one wants to hear it as the guy has thousands of posts here. Facts are facts - the guy stole my money and lies about it every step of the way.

I paid for 4 custom designs at $100 each, he gave me 1 design then ignored my msn, emails, then finally said it'd be done then it never was. I asked for my money back then - no hard feelings - and he said he had already spent it, was broke, had no money for ages... the usual BS.

I want to warn everyone else not to pay this guy upfront for anything unless you want to throw your money away. Sure, he probably has delivered (hasnt stolen everyones money); that doesn't change the fact he stole my money. Doesn't anybody have ethics anymore?

What section is best to do these kinds of posts? I know on DP the General Chat is the go.

And BTW, this is him.

06-14-2008, 11:13 PM
Wildcard is offline Wildcard
Expertise:
Software:

Wildcard is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Wildcard

Old

Well...all I can say is that I've heard of cory's business ethics before. I'm in no place to judge, but this thread will be closed most likely so basically all you can do is if people ask...don't refer to him, but as far as the forum is concerned...leave iTrader feedback with details as to what went on.

These threads get started all the time. Sure, we appreciate the heads up, but *some* feel it brings down TFL, so basically all you can do is tell people you know about the situation, notify a mod, leave negative iTrader feedback...and never use him again.

Sorry more can't be done...but thats just how it is around here (not that I agree with it). Oh, P.S, I have something I want to talk to you about also :wink:

06-14-2008, 11:49 PM
Jeff Andersen is offline Jeff Andersen
Software:

Jeff Andersen is on a distinguished road

Old

Wildcard is correct, iTrader is there for a reason.
That's what we offer, because these "I got scammed" threads turn into a hate-fest rather than the public service announcement they should be.

Though, if you have a legitimate legal question or business claim as to what action you can take from here, this is the forum you would want.

06-15-2008, 12:46 AM
rochow is offline rochow
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by Wildcard View Post
Well...all I can say is that I've heard of cory's business ethics before. I'm in no place to judge, but this thread will be closed most likely so basically all you can do is if people ask...don't refer to him, but as far as the forum is concerned...leave iTrader feedback with details as to what went on.

These threads get started all the time. Sure, we appreciate the heads up, but *some* feel it brings down TFL, so basically all you can do is tell people you know about the situation, notify a mod, leave negative iTrader feedback...and never use him again.

Sorry more can't be done...but thats just how it is around here (not that I agree with it). Oh, P.S, I have something I want to talk to you about also :wink:
Or lack thereof

I'd love to leave a big red iTrader, because the deal didn't go down on TFL its not really the place to do so. If I did I'd start becoming hypocritical which isn't that great.

That's the problem with international people, can't go over to their house and give them a good slap over the head to put them in line - something the parents probably didn't do in the first place which is why its ended up here.

What is it you want to talk about?

Originally Posted by Jeff Andersen View Post
Wildcard is correct, iTrader is there for a reason.
That's what we offer, because these "I got scammed" threads turn into a hate-fest rather than the public service announcement they should be.

Though, if you have a legitimate legal question or business claim as to what action you can take from here, this is the forum you would want.
I don't want a hate fest, or even to have to run around with a big "Cory is a scammer" sign, I just want my money back. Really though, what an idiot. He will lose business because of this. In the freelancing game, reputation is everything. It is worth far more than $300 - even thousands. I wouldn't even be able to count the amount of business I've got from referrals as its what a majority of my business is from - if it wasn't for my reputation, I'd have nothing.

I guess thats why he uses multiple aliases - that should have been a dead giveaway from the start. One site its "cory hatcher" the next its "cory taylor". I always put "rochow" as my username as I take pride in my name, and anyone that uses multiple names has something to hide.

*Sigh*

06-15-2008, 01:31 AM
Cory is offline Cory
Expertise: Fedex Marketing Director.
Software: Firefox.

Cory is on a distinguished road

Old

I would like to keep in mind this was well over a year ago. And I didn't ignore you. You requested 4 design's I gave you one then you disappear for 9 months then say I don't want the other 3 designs I only want money.

06-15-2008, 01:34 AM
rochow is offline rochow
Expertise:
Software:

Old

No Cory.

You made 1 design (shout directory) and then didn't make design number 2 (classic media) you always said it was coming, show me tomorrow etc, and of course I didn't ever see it. After a while you starting ignoring me. I got p*ssed and forgot about it for a while, then I saw you on a forum and remembered that I had paid you for 4 designs and only got 1, so I found your MSN and asked for my money back for the 3 I never recieved. Lucky I didn't give you the $800 for 8 that I had wanted and only went for 4 to start with.

Time doesn't matter. Its not "Oh its been a year, the money is mine now"

06-15-2008, 01:35 AM
Cory is offline Cory

Old

Talk to me on msn. I never got the second order man. And Yes it does when you promised me that you were going to be getting them within that month. I got thing's to do then sit there waiting on you coming to get the next order.

06-15-2008, 01:37 AM
rochow is offline rochow
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by Cory View Post
Talk to me on msn. I never got the second order man. And Yes it does when you promised me that you were going to be getting them within that month. I got thing's to do then sit there waiting on you coming to get the next order.
Dude I still have the chat logs on my laptop. I gave it to you a million times, I remember telling you the colours and everything.

And no, time doesn't matter. I gave you order #2 and never got it. Of course you didn't get #3 and #4, #2 wasn't done yet.

I don't know your MSN off the top of my head, mines tmat_6t2@hotmail.com

06-15-2008, 01:38 AM
Cory is offline Cory

Old

Well I don't remember I have slept a 365 times since then.

06-15-2008, 01:43 AM
Jeff Andersen is offline Jeff Andersen
Software:

Jeff Andersen is on a distinguished road

Old

Please take this to private conversation.

Closed Thread