Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 2325 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     Suggestions and Feedback :

Who wants to help?

Thread title: Who wants to help?
Closed Thread    
04-19-2008, 02:44 PM
t0m is offline t0m
Expertise:
Software:

t0m is on a distinguished road

Old  Who wants to help?

Now I'm not sure if this is going to go down well, but its done with honest good intentions.

As members we have just as much responsibility to help this place out. The moderators seems quite stretched and busy, so haven't been able to assign some new positions (do NOT discuss.)

If you would like to suggest yourself or someone else, to be a moderator/advisor/helper, just post in this thread. Address these points:

Name/contact?
What could you offer?
What area/section would you say your most knowledgeable of?

Do not discuss anyone or anything - just post that your down to help and a reason why.

The current management could then look through here and find suitable people who are willing to help. Its all about being proactive

04-19-2008, 02:46 PM
thatjamie is offline thatjamie
Expertise: Ruby, Rails, jQuery
Software: Chocolat, Sublime Text 3

thatjamie is on a distinguished road

Send a message via Skype™ to thatjamie

Old

Do not discuss anyone or anything - just post that your down to help and a reason why.
I second this, keep this thread on topic and don't bash anyone else please.

04-19-2008, 03:00 PM
Conrad is offline Conrad
Software:

Conrad is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Conrad

Old

To keep the crazy tfers from arguing, have this mailed to yourself (jamie) or to zee and then talk about it.

Or set it to a private thread so people can not read other threads, I nice trend with tfers is if Himad (yes thats a name) picks someone, then Jonny, Billy and Pat all think they need to pick that name too.

04-19-2008, 03:05 PM
t0m is offline t0m
Expertise:
Software:

t0m is on a distinguished road

Old

I'll get the ball rolling shall I...

Who? Me!

What could I offer? I like to think i've been here through a lot on tf. I know the people, and I hope I have a great rep. I'm honest, mature and have some useful knowledge to share. I'm active every day and have been for years.

What area? Hmm its a funny one. I've done a lot of wordpress work and have a sound knowledge so blogging/community? I'm always in the marketplace so you could stick me there... But honestly i'll do a job anywhere.

Who? Adam Roberts (iamAdam) - I'm not sure he'd be interested but I think he'd be good. Mature, active and tbh a very talented design, get him somewhere like the gallery showcase so he can pass on his eye for design.

Who? Conrad - tbh I think he really wants to help He's a nice guy and seems to care and is quite active. He like his blogging too, and seems to be a savvy lad.
Those 2 i've nominated would be nice additions to staff.

04-19-2008, 03:06 PM
BrokenFaith is offline BrokenFaith
Expertise:
Software:

BrokenFaith is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to BrokenFaith Send a message via MSN to BrokenFaith

Old

I think Conrad and Rsek both should be promoted to some sort of moderator, both are one day after day, posting helpful threads, and I dont think ive seen either one in any of the TFL Fights.

I dont talk to either of them on a regular basis, so I dont really KNOW them; but seeing them on day after day helping TFL should be acknowledged.

and +1 for private thread.

04-19-2008, 11:50 PM
thatjamie is offline thatjamie
Expertise: Ruby, Rails, jQuery
Software: Chocolat, Sublime Text 3

thatjamie is on a distinguished road

Send a message via Skype™ to thatjamie

Old

Conrad, Tom and Rsek seem to be popular candidates. I've also had requests from SR1 and Gareth Price.

I personally am not looking at individuals here. I didn't give the final yes or no for Lucas's promotion, but just gave him the status because Zee didn't see a problem with him, and Zee never came back online to express his interest so I went ahead and gave him this role and I think this place needs some good active moderators, and just a lot of moderators to keep some sort of formality here, even if the moderators don't help much, we still need moderators to fish spam, look at reported posts etc.

So, Conrad, Rsek and the other 3 and those Tom suggested... The more moderators we have the more ideas coming in, and the more things that can be done here quicker in regards to dealing with spam, reported posts, marketplace abuse etc..

I'll pitch these names to Zee to give the green light, when he replies I'll let you all know further.

I'm just trying to keep this forum above water. I feel like I'm the only active one here apart from CreativeLogic that are actually doing anything and I've never ran a forum before, or had to manage the amount of stuff I do here.

If anyone is looking to be a mod, please PM myself. That way I can just give all the names to Zee and I can hear back and manage it better that way.

Closed Thread