Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 619 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     News and Announcements :

Talkfreelance Pre-Sale Stats etc

Thread title: Talkfreelance Pre-Sale Stats etc
Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
10-30-2009, 08:58 AM
ChrisGwynne is offline ChrisGwynne
Expertise: Development
Software: TextMate, Transmit, Photoshop.

ChrisGwynne is on a distinguished road

Old

You cannot base it off the 23,000 userbase. Most are inactive, have no intention of returning, have changed email addresses, are banned etc. The ration to active members to total members is extremely low as you're aware.

10-30-2009, 09:29 AM
Big Zee is offline Big Zee
Software:

Big Zee is on a distinguished road

Old

Peter and Chris - both of you have obviously no interest (and I very much doubt the resources) in purchasing the forum, and just hang around trying to create arguments. You are both on the point of getting ban's.

As I have already said, I suggest to anyone interested to do their own homework.

10-30-2009, 01:12 PM
fooblah123 is offline fooblah123
Software:

fooblah123 is on a distinguished road

Old

Zee, when is the auction going live?

10-30-2009, 02:00 PM
Peter Avey is offline Peter Avey
Expertise:
Software:

Peter Avey is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via MSN to Peter Avey

Old

Originally Posted by Big Zee View Post
Peter and Chris - both of you have obviously no interest (and I very much doubt the resources) in purchasing the forum, and just hang around trying to create arguments. You are both on the point of getting ban's.

As I have already said, I suggest to anyone interested to do their own homework.
I had a interests, to be honest it isn't life changing getting a ban..

10-30-2009, 06:43 PM
Jeff Andersen is offline Jeff Andersen
Software:

Jeff Andersen is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Big Zee View Post

Chris brings up an extremely valid point to your suggested revenue figures because the first thing companies are going to ask is how many active people you'll be emailing this newsletter do. And it'd be a straight lie to say 23k.

So, by Chris stating this publicly for those who are interested, it makes them aware of the reality of your suggestion.

Regards,
Jeff

10-30-2009, 07:17 PM
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by Jeff Andersen View Post
Chris brings up an extremely valid point to your suggested revenue figures because the first thing companies are going to ask is how many active people you'll be emailing this newsletter do. And it'd be a straight lie to say 23k.

So, by Chris stating this publicly for those who are interested, it makes them aware of the reality of your suggestion.

Regards,
Jeff
Yes of course it would be a lie to say it would be mailed to 23K active users, but that's not what I said - and more significantly nore is it how any company I know bases its numbers for newsletters. Contact FHM, GQ etc and ask them about sponsering their newsletters - the figure they will base it on is the number of people it gets sent out to - they don't base it on emails that have visited their website in the last X days. Thats industry standard, and as I said previously people who are serious should do their own homework.

I buy a list of 5000 niche email addresses a month at 50p each from one distributor - they are not even associated with any particular website, so can't be described as any tupe of active user - doesn't mean that it doesn't work out profitable for me to buy them.

10-30-2009, 09:01 PM
ChrisGwynne is offline ChrisGwynne
Expertise: Development
Software: TextMate, Transmit, Photoshop.

ChrisGwynne is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Jeff Andersen View Post

Regards,
Jeff
Thanks Jeff. But it's ok, Zee seems quite oblivious and naive to a lot of genuine facts and questions so I'll leave him to his bubble. Good luck with the sale.

10-31-2009, 11:11 AM
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by ChrisGwynne View Post
Thanks Jeff. But it's ok, Zee seems quite oblivious and naive to a lot of genuine facts and questions so I'll leave him to his bubble. Good luck with the sale.
My point is that active users is not what any seller of newletter sponsorship (that I know of) would base the price of sponsorship on. It is purely done on the number of people the email goes out to (provided its a valid email). I work with many big names doing such stuff - eg GQ, FHM and many other top publishers and it simply does not come into the equation. I also gets loads of newsletters that I read from sites I signed upto years ago but hardly ever visit, yet I still read the newsletters and may click back to the site if something interests me.

While yes there are a lot of banned members - 2,000, and a few dead email addresses, which you would want to discount. That still leaves an awful lot of receptive emails (even if they are not active members) so even if you halved the number to 16,000 but upped the sponship to 2c (significantly below any rate I know of), then it still equates to the same potential revenue. In addition to this the site recieves approx 500 new members a month in it current state - so even without the extra input a new owner could bring to boost that figure, its still pretty impressive growth.

Again though DYOR. If you came back with details of major publisher that bases their email sponsorship prices on "active website users", and not the number of emails its distruibted to, then you would sound a lot more credible, and less like you are just trying to start an arguement when you have done no research at all. I doubt though that you will be able to find a single example, and here are 10 off my head that I know do not: GQ, FHM, Arena, Marrie Claire, Nuts, Firebox, Loaded, Stuff Magazine, Look, T3.

10-31-2009, 01:09 PM
Salathe is offline Salathe
Expertise: Software Development
Software: vim, PHP

Salathe will become famous soon enough

Send a message via MSN to Salathe

Old

Latest posts removed: Please keep posts on-topic. Requests for bans should not be made in this thread.

11-06-2009, 01:52 AM
fooblah123 is offline fooblah123
Software:

fooblah123 is on a distinguished road

Old

Whens it going for sale!?!?

Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >