Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1345 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Programming     Flash and Actionscript :

Web Design in Flash

Thread title: Web Design in Flash
Closed Thread    
01-21-2008, 04:02 PM
Jaruddd is offline Jaruddd
Expertise:
Software:

Jaruddd is on a distinguished road

Old  Web Design in Flash

I've been meaning to go down this road for quite some time now, and it's definitely been something I've been curious of for most of the time I've been working with the web.

Are there any designers here who work predominantly with Flash, or anyone who is adept with interactive Flash applications? Even if not those, I'm just looking for anybody who knows a good bit about Flash and AS.

I find the entire thought of Flash daunting. I look at some of the Flash-heavy designs around and I find myself boggled at how they could've created it, although I've been messing around with Flash and know it's not impossible. I've been looking through tutorials and things like that, but I haven't really found what I'm looking for. And thus, my question is this:

What are a few good points to start with when learning to design for the web in Flash? Animation? Flexibility? Are there any good websites or books you guys could recommend for me to start with?

01-21-2008, 04:03 PM
t0m is offline t0m
Expertise:
Software:

t0m is on a distinguished road

Old

My advice, and my secret of flash, is dont over-do it. And if you do, it has to be very good :P

01-21-2008, 05:31 PM
Jaruddd is offline Jaruddd
Expertise:
Software:

Jaruddd is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by stillt View Post
My advice, and my secret of flash, is dont over-do it. And if you do, it has to be very good :P
Ahahah, I'll make sure I keep that in mind. It is very annoying to come by the sites where, obviously, the creator just learned some fancy animation trick since they use it on every letter of text.

01-25-2008, 11:12 AM
JakeCohen is offline JakeCohen
Software:

JakeCohen is on a distinguished road

Old

many people these days make flash websites in a few simple steps.
1. making the navigation very flashy with rollovers and rolloffs.
2. using the blur in flash 8 or cs3 to make objects motion tween in and out.
3. and using slide fade in motion tweens to make text appear and dissapear. For the most part you just have to play with the program until you get good at it. However, flash us not good software for designing things. Since this is the case, many people design the sites in photoshop, slice the images, and then make them come to life in flash.

Closed Thread