Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 992 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Programming     Flash and Actionscript :

Getting rid of frames

Thread title: Getting rid of frames
Closed Thread    
03-30-2008, 04:54 PM
bbeckford is offline bbeckford
Software:

bbeckford is on a distinguished road

Old  Getting rid of frames

Hey guys, I hope this is the right place to be posting this question...

I've been designing sites using Flash & HTML for a number of years now, my most recent completions being:

www.andersonchiles.com
www.janegreer.co.uk
www.emotionalfreedom-training.co.uk

My main method of design is a nice animated nav/title bar header made in flash that sits in a frame at the top, and then HTML pages that sit in a frame below, see www.emotionalfreedom-training.co.uk for example.

It is only recently that I see that frames really aren't a good idea, and I should be using something like PHP include for my flash headers etc.

But the problem is that I don't understand how I can include a flash header that has a preloader and an opening animation for example, that when it change pages doesn't go through the start up procedure everytime.

So I visit the site, it loads and then displays a quick intro anim such as the buttons flying in etc, and then I click a link on the navbar. How do I stop the flash header from starting all over again on the next page? Is there a standard method for this that my google searches are missing or am I going about this the completely wrong way to begin with??

Thanks a lot,
-bbeckford

05-14-2008, 01:23 PM
Capsula is offline Capsula
Expertise:
Software:

Capsula is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Capsula

Old

hello there.

i cant help you with this since i don't know how can i do that, but i have a comment for you
I click on your last link and i show a website without header. I was bored waiting for flash header to load.

If i would like to make a flash header with animation and menu, i would do 2 flies. The fist swf plain, with the menu only, and a link somewhere (inside the swf not in the page) like "intro" or something like that. If someone want to see the animation, he will press the intro link, and then you will load the second swf with the animation first and your menu at the end.

In my opinion this is the right way to do it because not all people wants to wait to load an animation.

Closed Thread