Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1539 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     Suggestions and Feedback :

Buying TF

Thread title: Buying TF
Closed Thread  
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
11-21-2008, 06:44 PM
Shanks is offline Shanks
Software:

Shanks is on a distinguished road

Old

There must be another way to get a hold of Big Zee, right? Just because his contact info cannot be found through whois does not mean some super-sleuthing on our part cannot uncover his identity!

11-21-2008, 07:43 PM
Village Genius is offline Village Genius
Expertise: Software
Software: Chrome, Notepad++

Village Genius will become famous soon enough

Old

Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
Why doesn't an admin get a backup of the database, create it on a new place, close the site and put a link to the new site or change the index if FTP access is available?
Morally: It is wrong to steal another property. Doing such a thing is shady, I would not want anyone who would do a thing like that with me. Reason being is that if they would do it to Zee, they would do it to me if they disagree with what I do.

Legally: Depending on the amount, he could sue for money he didn't make due to advertisements. Put short, its illegal.

11-22-2008, 12:01 AM
Village Genius is offline Village Genius
Expertise: Software
Software: Chrome, Notepad++

Village Genius will become famous soon enough

Old

Perhaps Robson would know the contact info. Such a business transaction would surely include his contact info.

11-22-2008, 08:05 AM
MsJacquiiC is offline MsJacquiiC
Expertise:
Software:

MsJacquiiC is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via AIM to MsJacquiiC Send a message via MSN to MsJacquiiC Send a message via Yahoo to MsJacquiiC

Old

Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
Why doesn't an admin get a backup of the database, create it on a new place, close the site and put a link to the new site or change the index if FTP access is available?
DAMN! That's pretty foul from someone advertising a hosting website in his sig LOL = Wow!

Jacquii.

11-22-2008, 06:20 PM
Randy is offline Randy
Software:

Randy is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Randy

Old

Originally Posted by MsJacquiiC View Post
DAMN! That's pretty foul from someone advertising a hosting website in his sig LOL = Wow!

Jacquii.
that honestly shouldnt have anything to do with it? lucas is human just like us i dont see nothing wrong him with saying that but back on subject:

im kinda agreeing with lucas here, if somebody got the database. would be good. anywho gl getting him.

11-22-2008, 07:45 PM
okaymatt is offline okaymatt
Software:

okaymatt is on a distinguished road

Old

why not just start a new site, the content at this point on this site would be worthless to a new domain and the fact is Google would more then likely ban the new site from search engines as it's a exact duplicate of content.

Good luck guys

11-22-2008, 07:57 PM
Jordan is offline Jordan
Expertise: CSS, HTML, PHP
Software: Sublime Text 2

Jordan is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by MsJacquiiC View Post

Jacquii.
I don't see how that's foul. He has the right to voice his own opinion without people judging him for what he does. It's like you trying to voice your opinion and me telling you it doesn't matter because you're not skilled enough to make such statements.

Anyway, I honestly don't think the best thing would be to try to move it elsewhere. It's essentially the same as what people have tried with their variations of forums, etc. I'd rather stay on here, then have to go elsewhere yet again. That and you've already got google backlinks, alexa rankings, some PR on things and whatnot. That's just my preference though.

11-22-2008, 10:16 PM
MsJacquiiC is offline MsJacquiiC
Expertise:
Software:

MsJacquiiC is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via AIM to MsJacquiiC Send a message via MSN to MsJacquiiC Send a message via Yahoo to MsJacquiiC

Old

Dude is talking about ripping off the TF database right on TF and nobody see's anything wrong with that?!?!? WTF IS WRONG WITH YAWL! That's RIDICULOUS. Whatever happened to integrity? Just wondering... And no need for anyone to respond to my post. Nevermind - in fact - just treat the whole thing as if a rhetorical whisper from your subconscience.

Jacquii.

11-22-2008, 10:21 PM
ezia is offline ezia
Software:

ezia is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

Its not as-if he's exactly going to do it.

11-22-2008, 10:24 PM
Jordan is offline Jordan
Expertise: CSS, HTML, PHP
Software: Sublime Text 2

Jordan is on a distinguished road

Old

Jacquii, perhaps instead of jumping to conclusions and immediately getting upset by something as trite and mundane as this, you'd take the time to actually read posts that have already been left in regards to this.

Last time I checked one person (Randy) does not equate to "YAWL" (by the way, wtf is that? I think you mean "you all" or perhaps everyone. Yes?)

You can see that Village.Idiot already commented in regards to the suggestion that Lucas brought up:

Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
Morally: It is wrong to steal another property. Doing such a thing is shady, I would not want anyone who would do a thing like that with me. Reason being is that if they would do it to Zee, they would do it to me if they disagree with what I do.

Legally: Depending on the amount, he could sue for money he didn't make due to advertisements. Put short, its illegal.
There, I added it into this post so you can re-read it. Also, if you don't want anyone to respond to your post, don't reply to a thread. It's pointless.

Closed Thread  
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >