Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 661 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Graphic Design, Multimedia and Photography     Web Design Resources :

Audio Video streaming problem

Thread title: Audio Video streaming problem
Closed Thread    
06-21-2005, 07:14 AM
jeedesign is offline jeedesign
Software:

jeedesign is on a distinguished road

Old  Audio Video streaming problem

I am currently working on a modeling web site and I want to offer a online portfolio where models can post their photos, audio and video files, thus making it a multimedia based portfolio.

Here is the list of the files I plan to allow the models to upload in their portfolio
Photos - .gif, .jpg, .bmp
Audio - .mpeg, wma, mp3, ram and wav
Video - .avi, .mpeg, .mpg, .ram, and .mov

I am trying to find a way for users of this site to view the audio/video files without having any file format specific plug-in or player installed on their desktops. So far I have concluded that it would be best if somehow I can manage to stream down the audio and video files on the client’s desktop in Flash format since this would require the clients to have only a Flash player which is a very common plug-in now a days.

I am seeking a way to convert the various files that models upload i.e mpeg, wma, mp3, ram, wav, avi, .mpeg, .mpg, .rm, and .mov to a common swf Flash format.

Is anyone aware of such a tool or piece of application that would automatically convert all uploaded files to Flash format. Also if there is a Flash component that would allow real-time streaming of the flash files in the client’s browser without saving the swf files in the Internet Cache or Temporary Internet Files folder.

Any help, advice or pointers on this matter would be highly appreciated. If anyone has developed such a feature in the past then I am also open to buying that from him (of course I can’t pay a lot of money).

Let me know.

Thanks
V

Closed Thread