Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1449 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     Suggestions and Feedback :

Recent Moderation Actions - Your Opinion

Thread title: Recent Moderation Actions - Your Opinion
View Poll Results: Your Opinion
To Strict 13 24.07%
Not Strict 24 44.44%
Inbetween 14 25.93%
Other 3 5.56%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread  
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
07-06-2006, 05:32 PM
Spawny is offline Spawny
Expertise:
Software:

Spawny is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Spawny Send a message via MSN to Spawny

Old

Maybe i went a bit overboard, i was on a roll.

But when people type 50 lines full of text talk, it seriously annoys me and i usually just ignore the post, and i'm sure many other people here do as well.

07-06-2006, 05:43 PM
Garyrae is offline Garyrae
Expertise:
Software:

Garyrae is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Garyrae Send a message via Skype™ to Garyrae

Old

Any use of "txt talk" annoys me to no end. How much longer would it take to type those 2-3 extra letters?

Although, I can handle abbreviations, such as 'lol','rofl', etc.

07-06-2006, 05:53 PM
JamesH is offline JamesH
Expertise:
Software:

JamesH is on a distinguished road

Old

Guys, Talkfreelance is going down hill, and i have a proposal to make.

WE need to set the example. The problem is that newer memebers (like me) have come in here and started to act immature, and start little fights among other members. I think we should remind these memebers in a humane manner that what they are doing isn't right, and to just calm down . If they keep acting retarded, then we just tell a moderator about it, and they will take the necessary steps to control the situation at hand.

I've learned that setting an example really goes a long ways in how the people around you act. Just my $.02

07-06-2006, 06:06 PM
GTAce is offline GTAce
Software:

GTAce is on a distinguished road

Send a message via ICQ to GTAce Send a message via AIM to GTAce Send a message via MSN to GTAce

Old

The recent actions are far too strict...I'm not speaking for spamming, advertising, flaming, or whatever...but just the signature enforcement, because that's all I'm familiar with...but somebody gave an example earlier in this thread that made me think of a good example...

When you get pulled over for speeding, do you get thrown into jail? No, you get a ticket - sometimes not even a ticket, just a warning. If you do it again, you probably get another ticket...again, your license gets taken away....again, you get thrown into jail. You can't throw somebody into jail after their first (small) offense.

It works the same way for forums. If you are instantly banning people for 3 days because they have one too many links, colors, lines, whatever in their signature, then people will get pissed off and people will start leaving. Sure, they have nobody to blame but themselves, but fact of the matter is that people are going to break the signature rules, no matter where you go...part of running a forum is accepting this fact and accepting the responsibility to take care of it in a fair and balanced manner...banning people for their first signature violation is not fair and balanced at all.

07-06-2006, 06:11 PM
Mike Keefe is offline Mike Keefe
Expertise:
Software:

Mike Keefe is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via AIM to Mike Keefe Send a message via MSN to Mike Keefe

Old

if u start 2 post like dis den it wil get annoyin, but otherwise let's allow things like 'lol' and other common abbreviations.. However I think capital letters and punctuation are in order!

edit = beat me to it!

07-06-2006, 07:20 PM
Spawny is offline Spawny
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by GTAce
When you get pulled over for speeding, do you get thrown into jail? No, you get a ticket - sometimes not even a ticket, just a warning. If you do it again, you probably get another ticket...again, your license gets taken away....again, you get thrown into jail. You can't throw somebody into jail after their first (small) offense.
Why have the rules there if no one is going to enforce them? Rules are there for a reason, if people don't like them then personally I think they shouldn't be here. If the rules state that signatures should be a certain length or height, then therefore there are consequences for breaking the rules, simple as that.

No matter how harsh it seems, if people don't follow the rules, they should have something done to them.

If you shoplifted, they wouldn't say "oh, he's only nicked a television, we'll let him off with a warning as this is his first time", they would do something more than a warning, probably wasn't a good example but I hope you get my point.

07-06-2006, 07:27 PM
GTAce is offline GTAce
Software:

GTAce is on a distinguished road

Send a message via ICQ to GTAce Send a message via AIM to GTAce Send a message via MSN to GTAce

Old

I didn't say that the rules shouldn't be enforced...of course they should be enforced, but banning somebody for their first signature violation is far too much...people deserve at least one, usually even 2 or 3 warnings before they are banned for a signature violation.

07-06-2006, 07:30 PM
Spawny is offline Spawny
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Well they were given enough warning, apart from everyone pointing it out to the people with the rule-breaking signatures, i guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this.

07-06-2006, 11:26 PM
cpr is offline cpr
Expertise: Design
Software: Photoshop

cpr is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

Can't compare speeding in a car to getting banned in a forum.

The people were warned once, now they know the rules therefore i can't see any reason why people who were banned will break them again. The only criticism I have is that it should have been posted in the General forum or even mass emailed it to everyone. I hadn't read the News & Announcements forum for a good while before i saw a thread in the general forum ranting about the bans therefore wouldn't have known about it if i was breaking the rules.

07-07-2006, 12:09 AM
Andy is offline Andy
Expertise:
Software:

Andy is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Andy

Old

Originally Posted by Spawny
Well they were given enough warning, apart from everyone pointing it out to the people with the rule-breaking signatures, i guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this.
Not everyone visits TF on a daily or even weekly basis or checks the news forum. I don't see how it was enough warning.

Mass PMs would have been best.

Closed Thread  
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >