Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 256 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     Suggestions and Feedback :

TFL + iTrader = Match made in heavan

Thread title: TFL + iTrader = Match made in heavan
Closed Thread  
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
03-24-2006, 10:59 PM
Garrett is offline Garrett
Software:

Garrett is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Garrett

Old

19,000 Posts isnt enough?

03-24-2006, 11:26 PM
Julian is offline Julian
Expertise:
Software:

Julian is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Salathe
What happens when someone comes along selling 50 $5 crappy web templates? They'll get good reviews and feedback because everything goes through quickly and smoothly and the 'clients' are happy. So, they have 50 positive feedbacks.

Now, a great designer comes along offering the world on a place for only $100/hour (minimum 6 hours) but with zero feedback?

If you were searching for a "template designer" and ordered results according to feedback... which designer would you see?

Sorry if I've got the wrong end of the stick, but I've never really liked the idea of these feedback systems whether they "work" or not.
Now that I have read this Salathe, I have to agree and change my stance on this issue.

You have some excellent valid points there.

03-24-2006, 11:27 PM
.Nick is offline .Nick
Software:

.Nick is on a distinguished road

Old

I agree with Salathe.

03-25-2006, 12:24 AM
rasberry is offline rasberry
Expertise:
Software:

rasberry is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to rasberry

Old

Though I can see a point, Salathe, I disagree entirely with the verdict (not the fact).

Ebay, Namepros, Amazon, you name it... They all have respectfully implemented software as this proposed 'itrader'... I think we are all able to establish a common basis of users that we know to be trustful, skilled, experienced, etc.

If someone sells 50 $5 templates and recieves excellent feedback, as you said, here's where a conflict comes in.
- First, his name would be something like "ExAnUOob66", usually.
- Now, if you're still holding on, he'd be speaking txt talk probably, aswell.
- If you're STILL holding on, then you'll be saying "Oh, $5 is an excellent deal!" - So you open up the imageshack link he provides and see a template like THIS .

Would you really trust a system over your own thoughts?
Doubtfully, so I see nothing wrong with implementing this iTrader.

03-25-2006, 02:03 AM
GTAce is offline GTAce
Software:

GTAce is on a distinguished road

Send a message via ICQ to GTAce Send a message via AIM to GTAce Send a message via MSN to GTAce

Old

Agreed with rasberry!

I wont reiterrate what rasberry said, but I will say that regardless of the quality of the product exchange, a successful transaction is a successful transaction. Are you telling me that somebody with 50 $5 sales (all of which were positive experiences) does not deserve the excellent feedback? That would be like discrediting Wal-Mart, a mass volume retailer because they don't sell "quality" products.

Like rasberry said, iTrader does not and should not determine WHO you buy from, what it should do is give you something to check before dealing with the person you have chosen. It doesn't matter to me if the person has sold 500 $2 logo's or 5 $300 skins, if they have a 100% feedback rating, you can bet that I am going to be very inclined to proceed with the exchange.

iTrader is not a measure of the cost of the products dealt...iTrader is a measure of the quality of the exchange. Is the person a good person to deal with? Can he/she be trusted? That is my main concern when looking at feedback - and sure, if the exchange is made and the product is terrible quality (below what you expected), then yes, it is reflected in the feedback...but if the seller delivers what is requested, price of the product is unimportant.

03-25-2006, 06:47 AM
Bryan Le is offline Bryan Le
Expertise:
Software:

Bryan Le is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Bryan Le Send a message via MSN to Bryan Le

Old

Salathe, and everyone on his band wagon...

You guys are missing the point of iTrader entirely. iTrader is simply to know whether a person has a good feedback rating for exchanges, etc. It is NOT to rate a person's design talent.

So, for your example of a guy selling 50 $5.00 templates. He gets 50 positive feedback because each and every trade went through. If you ask me, that's a great thing. This way, his potential clients know that every single one of his 5 dollar templates have sold, and that each transaction was smooth. Someone can judge someone's talent in their own taste and opinion.

If someone comes in with a $100.00 template, but with no positive feedback, who cares? They don't have a negative one either. It just shows the potential customer that he now has to judge the quality of the layout and see if it is worth the $100.00 - not if he or she has good feedback.

iTrader is simply to show that the person has done good transactions, and is not a scammer, or has done good business. It is not used to give an opinion on someone's personality, nor does it pertain to someone's talent.

I stand by my side that the marketplace needs this. So what if TFL was meant for "simplicity". Sorry, but that sounds like nothing more then an excuse. You can still have your simplicity. iTrader doesn't add any sort of complexity to the forums. It is merely an accessory that isn't madatory to fill out, or to look at. It's just a bonus.

And last time I checked, bonuses were good.

03-25-2006, 09:37 PM
Spawny is offline Spawny
Expertise:
Software:

Spawny is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Spawny Send a message via MSN to Spawny

Old

Originally Posted by Garrett
19,000 Posts isnt enough?
Yes, but that is over a period of almsot 2 years if i'm not mistaken. I think we should wait until it has a lot of activity everyday.

03-25-2006, 09:41 PM
Garrett is offline Garrett
Software:

Garrett is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Garrett

Old

Ive posted just 2 threads. And no responds...But in the last week theres been 1k posts. Thats alot.

03-25-2006, 09:49 PM
Spawny is offline Spawny
Expertise:
Software:

Spawny is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Spawny Send a message via MSN to Spawny

Old

Maybe i'm mistaken then, i just don't think using it now would benefit TalkFreelance as much as it might in 2 months or so.

03-26-2006, 11:09 AM
cpr is offline cpr
Expertise: Design
Software: Photoshop

cpr is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

No need for it imo, whats wrong with posting in request forum - at least then people who are available apply and the person can choose from the selection.

Closed Thread  
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >