Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 2116 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     Suggestions and Feedback :

Are artist freelancers?

Thread title: Are artist freelancers?
Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
02-09-2006, 04:21 AM
zprod69 is offline zprod69
Expertise:
Software:

zprod69 is on a distinguished road

Old

well thanks for clarify ing that you do not want me around, that i do not belong here and that my web sites are ugly. well....that' syour prerogative and i respect them even if they are insulting to me . but the way i see it is:you are embarrassing yourself.
because i have the experience and the time under my belt. and i sold a lot of artwork and website (those people must be fools also to have trusted me with my taste and imagination)
i noticed that the negative people are most of the time:
young
with no references when it comes to design ....no links to support what they are saying...i do and i do not hide it it is there for all to see.
their is not such thing as a tipical artist...making art is a vocation and it does not matter the form and the expression that becomes the result it is about the soul.
art is a state of mind.
that's why i have a problem whith people who call themselves web designer when they are web copiers. design means originality to me.i
t is a skill that you learn and perfert with practice and humility. and all design starts with a pencil and paper
drawing.
that's what they taugh me in art school and it is a proven method.
then we could be all wrong ,
me and thousands of artists behind me....
sorry it is a fact. web is nothing without design and design nothing without artist.., so after all you could accept me , welcome me in your group ....
I could teach you a couple of things.:-)

02-09-2006, 04:33 AM
Paul is offline Paul
Expertise:
Software:

Paul is on a distinguished road

Old

Pardon those that don't make you feel welcome. This forum should be welcoming to everybody.

web is nothing without design and design nothing without artist
I agree.

02-09-2006, 05:40 AM
Bennett is offline Bennett
Expertise:
Software:

Bennett is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Bennett

Old

Originally Posted by zprod69
i would think so.... so the idea is to create a special place for them in the forum....I see a lot of wannnabe and kids with photoshop but very rarely serious original design.
what is the point of using all the same template?
somebody had make the template originaly probably an artist if any good!
it is time to get to a mature level and recognise and credit the creators...
art does not get made by magic, you need magicians.
i am rambling because i am starving and i see all around me people wanted fancy good looking things and not wanted to pay for it!
what's wrong with this picture.the artist is not dead yet!
web design is becoming a missnomer, i went to school to learn a skill called design and it is not on the web, or very well hidden.

My background is in art and design. So what if I can paint a giant picture or match 2 colors in design? If it isn't appealing(I've seen examples of your work, trust me it's not appealing.) to the businesses and clients you are selling to, then you're not going to make money. It's easy as that.

Basically, I see you complaining about people because they are creating a product that is in demand and getting paid, and you're not. Right? What do you want us to tell you? Sorry?

02-09-2006, 05:49 AM
Bennett is offline Bennett
Expertise:
Software:

Bennett is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Bennett

Old

Originally Posted by zprod69
well thanks for clarify ing that you do not want me around, that i do not belong here and that my web sites are ugly. well....that' syour prerogative and i respect them even if they are insulting to me . but the way i see it is:you are embarrassing yourself.
because i have the experience and the time under my belt. and i sold a lot of artwork and website (those people must be fools also to have trusted me with my taste and imagination)
i noticed that the negative people are most of the time:
young
with no references when it comes to design ....no links to support what they are saying...i do and i do not hide it it is there for all to see.
their is not such thing as a tipical artist...making art is a vocation and it does not matter the form and the expression that becomes the result it is about the soul.
art is a state of mind.
that's why i have a problem whith people who call themselves web designer when they are web copiers. design means originality to me.i
t is a skill that you learn and perfert with practice and humility. and all design starts with a pencil and paper
drawing.
that's what they taugh me in art school and it is a proven method.
then we could be all wrong ,
me and thousands of artists behind me....
sorry it is a fact. web is nothing without design and design nothing without artist.., so after all you could accept me , welcome me in your group ....
I could teach you a couple of things.:-)
I'm sorry again, but gosh, what exactly are you trying to gain from this thread and these posts? All you are is complaining and belly-aching. All you are basically saying is that you think you are better than everything, and you are well known blah blah. Yet you come back and complain that you are having trouble with work. *sigh*

I don't really know what to respond with besides with, "for crying out loud, your 48, grow up!" Your "art" is NOT appealing. That is why you can't sell it as well as others can sell their product. I've spent countless hours sitting through design lectures. Your "examples and experience and website" you keep mentioning VIOLATE 99% of the rules taught in FRESHMEN year of ANY art college. So please, stop tuting your own horn.

If you want to make sells, it's easy, learn what they want, and provide it. Commerical art is NOT fine art. It never will be. You do WHAT the client wants and needs, it doesn't have to be unique, it doesn't have to be your heart, it doesn't have to be ANY of that.

02-09-2006, 07:34 AM
sletts02 is offline sletts02
Expertise:
Software:

sletts02 is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to sletts02

Old

I sense that somebody's **** or caps lock button is broken...

Some artists are not freelancers and are hired by a firm while others are.

02-09-2006, 08:13 AM
Wish is offline Wish
Software:

Wish is on a distinguished road

Old

web is nothing without design and design nothing without artist
Whoever posted that in this topic, that is a great quote!

02-09-2006, 02:54 PM
zprod69 is offline zprod69
Expertise:
Software:

zprod69 is on a distinguished road

Old

so bennet do not hesitate to show your stuff...let see it!
support your insults with some artwork your words are cheap
and you are disrespectfull.
so much anger!
light up ! this is just a discussion no need to be insulting....what's wrong?
you are shooting yourself in the foot ,nobody will want to talk to you if you do not shape up and get humble in some ways.
i never stated i was better than anybody, i just put an interresting topic to discussion
some people are interrested. you are not obviously so why are you keeping answering and arguing if you are not interrested?
do you want me to continue with you? you do not feel embarrased enough?
talking non sense...come on give it up! anger is only going to hurt you...
not the person you direct it at
anyway peace to you!

02-09-2006, 04:30 PM
techo is offline techo
Software:

techo is on a distinguished road

Old

No one said we don't want you around, we'd love to chat to people from every aspect of design, be it art or digital.

because i have the experience and the time under my belt. and i sold a lot of artwork and website
You seem to be craving respect.

Overall, I think it's you that needs to catch up with the times, as someone said, clients don't pay you to create what you love, they pay you to give them a product that their target audience will like. Which is today's web trends.

02-09-2006, 05:00 PM
Anthony is offline Anthony
Expertise:
Software:

Anthony is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Anthony

Old

zprod you are really beginning to feck me off beyond belief now. How can someone at your age with proposed wisdom be so narrow minded, egotistical and bloody childish over little things.

Good luck trying to single handedly change the industry, your designs really show us all a thing or two!

</sarcasm>

02-09-2006, 05:19 PM
derek lapp is offline derek lapp
Expertise:
Software:

derek lapp is on a distinguished road

Old

his first post speaks a large amount of truth:
  • you don't see a lot of versitile (what he should have said instead of original) design styles. my friend works at www.tmdesign.net. he's got a very diverse skillset thanks to his background in traditional art. his work looks the same; it should, it's consitant to the company image and the kind of people they are targeting. it's the same way 2advanced's work looks the same or why my work all has similar characteristics. but it's not trendy.
  • design is also pointless when it's all the same. design is just an artform. art is meant to be expressive; to be versitile in shape and form, to be a unique representation of the artist. making coockie-cutter templates using the latest trendpops isn't unique or expressive.
  • it's time to stop doing this
  • there are 2 kindsof artits; commercialand starving. he seems ot be the latter, because he's having trouble finding the peole that know the worth of solid design and are willing to pay for it; because the industry has been saturated withthese $20 cookiecutters and people undervalue the profession - they want quality but won't pay for it because they can abuse 15 year olds for trendy garbage.
  • most web sites are badly designed

those are the points i got out of his statement, and i'd like anyone to try and argu against them. i really would.

and picking on a guy because of english skills? low.

Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >