Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1229 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     HTML/XHTML/DHTML/CSS :

Few questions ... don't really know where to post this..

Thread title: Few questions ... don't really know where to post this..
Closed Thread    
08-28-2005, 12:13 AM
Aaron Michael is offline Aaron Michael
Software:

Aaron Michael is on a distinguished road

Old  Few questions ... don't really know where to post this..

Alright I just have a question but i'd like to state something before I start 1. I am not a noobie 2. please do not under estimate me just because of my age 3. i'd appreciate it if you weren't ignorant, rude, an all that stuff thank you =)

I was just wonderin/thinking about this things here I go =)

I've been designing templates for a while but my problem is what type of coding should you go with once you've finished your design, I love designing websites/template but i don't code them because i have no clue on what i should do CSS, DIV LAYER, IFRAME, TABLES, I'm skilled with all of them not that much in CSS but im learning but i was wondering how do you guys go about coding your site i mean making your choice.

OH yeah do you guys hand code or are there some programs to help you do this i have dreamweaver but i duno of any other programs

08-28-2005, 12:32 AM
alabasterlynch is offline alabasterlynch
Software:

alabasterlynch is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by twiisted_kaos
Alright I just have a question but i'd like to state something before I start 1. I am not a noobie 2. please do not under estimate me just because of my age 3. i'd appreciate it if you weren't ignorant, rude, an all that stuff thank you =)

I was just wonderin/thinking about this things here I go =)

I've been designing templates for a while but my problem is what type of coding should you go with once you've finished your design, I love designing websites/template but i don't code them because i have no clue on what i should do CSS, DIV LAYER, IFRAME, TABLES, I'm skilled with all of them not that much in CSS but im learning but i was wondering how do you guys go about coding your site i mean making your choice.

OH yeah do you guys hand code or are there some programs to help you do this i have dreamweaver but i duno of any other programs

How the industry is going right now...css is the way to go, everyone (professionals) are going to tableless designs. You should also try to avoid frames. You will here the great debates about what is the best way to code (i.e. dreamweaver, notepad, golive, crimson, and others) but I think you should code with what you feel most comfortable with.

I hoped I helped.

08-28-2005, 12:45 AM
sysblnk is offline sysblnk
Software:

sysblnk is on a distinguished road

Old

My preference is XHTML/CSS mostly tableless unless client wishes otherwise. I hand code everything in Notepad 2.

Thats just me.

08-28-2005, 12:58 AM
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by sysblnk
My preference is XHTML/CSS mostly tableless unless client wishes otherwise. I hand code everything in Notepad 2.

Thats just me.
I may self hand code, i use CSS for myspace layouts so i know some basics..

I'd like to see some more advice//opinions

08-28-2005, 10:09 AM
Julian is offline Julian
Expertise:
Software:

Julian is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by twiisted_kaos
...i was wondering how do you guys go about coding your site i mean making your choice.

Valid tableless XHTML transitional/css1 & 2. I have been designing for over 5 years and have never used a table for anything other than tabular data. It is all done by hand coding in Crimson Editor.

08-28-2005, 03:09 PM
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by Julian
Valid tableless XHTML transitional/css1 & 2. I have been designing for over 5 years and have never used a table for anything other than tabular data. It is all done by hand coding in Crimson Editor.
So the "best" way to code is by CSS. I shall look into Crimson Editor as well thank you for this very helpful information Julian.

08-29-2005, 07:05 AM
Julian is offline Julian
Expertise:
Software:

Julian is on a distinguished road

Old

This is not necessarily the best way to code, but is effective once you know css well.

Closed Thread