Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 833 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Blogging and Community Building :

[Need tips] Starting a new Design Blog/ porrtfolio/ Resources/ Free stuff!

Thread title: [Need tips] Starting a new Design Blog/ porrtfolio/ Resources/ Free stuff!
Closed Thread    
02-06-2009, 08:15 PM
Alitimate is offline Alitimate
Software:

Alitimate is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Alitimate Send a message via MSN to Alitimate Send a message via Skype™ to Alitimate

Old  [Need tips] Starting a new Design Blog/ porrtfolio/ Resources/ Free stuff!

Hey All!

I am soon going to start my new Blog+portfolio. Its basicly my 1st Blog ever to come live. I always had a portfolio, but then saw many designers had blogs on which they shared their daily lives, experiences and stuff like that.

So , i m too starting one, which will have all my life Streamed up there.

Ok NOW, i want Tips and ideas over How to release it with a nice opening 9call it a Bang).

i am writing Articles so that the blog doesn't look too empty..and planing for some free stuff like themes or icons. Are there Any other Pre /post release stuff which r to be taken care of ? An opening is only once..and i dont want to waste it! So i really want it to be BIG!

xcited to see your ideas / advices / Tips

Thnx in advance
ALi..

02-10-2009, 09:43 PM
kisscass is offline kisscass
Software:

kisscass is on a distinguished road

Old

Have a giveaway - ask other bloggers to sponsor it and start promoting it on contest blogs, etc. Prizes could include ad spaces, ebooks, premium themes, etc. Good luck.

02-10-2009, 10:09 PM
JCapulet is offline JCapulet
Software:

JCapulet is on a distinguished road

Old

I would have atleast a months worth of posts on there before you launch it. You want to give people plenty of reasons (content) to come back.
Plus it makes the person feel like they just "discovered" a site that is already going.
As far as promotion do you have contacts or a list of past clients? I would email them and tell them all to check it out and BOOKMARK it.

02-13-2009, 03:00 PM
Alitimate is offline Alitimate
Software:

Alitimate is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Alitimate Send a message via MSN to Alitimate Send a message via Skype™ to Alitimate

Old

Ahn! NIce !

Thnx for your tips ! I will surely imply them.

02-13-2009, 04:16 PM
Gatt is offline Gatt
Expertise: Design & Development
Software: Photoshop

Gatt is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via AIM to Gatt Send a message via Skype™ to Gatt

Old

Make sure all your pages are working, links and etc. Make sure the design works on all major browsers (Firefox, IE, Opera).

You should also make sure make your blog SEO friendly, with the permalinks, you can find out more by searching google "SEO for blogs".

Overall, google and search engines love unique content, so if you continue to update and submit to digg and sites like that you will be fine.

Good luck.

Closed Thread