Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1635 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Hardware Discussion :

New Gfx card - for laptop

Thread title: New Gfx card - for laptop
Closed Thread    
08-23-2007, 09:43 AM
Tom is offline Tom
Expertise:
Software:

Tom is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Tom

Old  New Gfx card - for laptop

So i'm looking to get a new graphics card however i need one for my laptop. Obviously this will probably depend on my laptop for i'm just generally looking for places to looks and some good graphics cards to go for.

08-23-2007, 10:03 AM
Gille is offline Gille
Expertise: HTML, CSS
Software:

Gille is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Gille

Old

I highly doubt it's even possible to update your graphics card in your laptop. What brand/type is it?

08-23-2007, 10:06 AM
Tom is offline Tom
Expertise:
Software:

Tom is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Tom

Old

Its a HP not sure the exact make. I'm going to have a look at it later just to see if i can get into the graphics card.

08-23-2007, 10:28 AM
Gille is offline Gille
Expertise: HTML, CSS
Software:

Gille is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Gille

Old

Hm, if it's a HP I seriously doubt you'd be able to upgrade the graphics card; laptops aren't made to be updated.

08-23-2007, 12:51 PM
majorglory is offline majorglory
Software:

majorglory is on a distinguished road

Old

Most of them aren't, but some of them are big enough where you can actually upgrade graphics. Well thats what I hear. I've never seen an upgradeable laptop personally. All I know is that RAM is definitely upgradeable.

08-23-2007, 05:29 PM
Kevinul is offline Kevinul
Expertise:
Software:

Kevinul is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Kevinul

Old

ASUS has made a new laptop where it would be more upgradable then the rest. The model is C90, and can be seen in the ASUS official website.

OR:

The ASUS C90 Notebook is designed to cater to a growing trend of users who want to combine mobile computing with top-of-the-line performance. With easy accessibility to key components, users can upgrade, repair or replace them with ease – providing options for future technologies. These key components are also supported from major computing companies – making it easy for the ASUS C90 to be configured to the user’s individual requirements.
Powered by a standard MXM graphics module, the ASUS C90 provides high compatibility of different graphic processors from the industry. As such, the ASUS C90 is the perfect choice for users who want to enjoy the best graphical quality from their notebooks. Also, with a desktop CPU’s Intel® Core™ 2 Dual Processor, the ASUS C90 is able to perform tremendously well. Additionally, the ASUS C90 ensures extensive wireless connectivity coverage with MIMO 802.11n support via an integrated antenna and Bluetooth V2.0+EDR. With all of these advantages, the ASUS C90 is truly a better gaming and mobile alternative to the PC.

Portable Desktop Performance
Equipped with a desktop CPU Intel® 2 Extreme™ Processor up to the speed of 2.93 GHz, the C90 far exceeds normal 15.4” mobile performance levels. Coupled with an innovative fan-control & multi-heat pipe thermal module – the C90 provides more reliable operations for extreme performance. Besides this, the C90 also offers mobile connectivity with MIMO 802.11n support and an integrated antenna, as well as Bluetooth V2.0+EDR support. The lightweight chassis of the ASUS C90 makes it convenient to carry and use anywhere, anytime.

Over drive the CPU speed up to 20% faster
With the assistance of ASUS’ exclusive “Turbo Gear” CPU speed controller, the ultimate performance under specific selected mode will be operated: Overclocking*, Gaming*, Standard, and Power Saving. In overclocking mode, the CPU speed can be boosted up to 2.93GHz and the FSB up to 1279. In addition with the operation of fan-control & multi-heat pipe thermal module, providing unprecedented overclocking ability in reliable computing operation on the go!

Note:
1. The 2.66 GHz CPU can support up to Gaming Mode as the maximum of 2.93 GHz. Overclocking past this will render the system unstable.
2. 2.93 GHz CPUs cannot utilize Overclocking and Gaming modes.

Exclusive ACE Door for Easy Assembly and Repair
The ASUS C90’s innovative design with a unique ACE Door (Accessible, Convenient, Effortless) makes it simple and quick for users to assemble key components like the CPU, graphics card, memory, hard drive, optical drive and wireless devices.

Empowering upgradeable future graphics
Optional or extra components like PCI cards and graphics cards can be easily upgradable to ensure that the ASUS C90 notebook is fully prepared for future technologies to come. The ASUS C90 comes equipped with a standard graphics module that can provide high compatibility of different graphic processors from the industry – making the ASUS C90 the ideal choice to be the best desktop replacement for demanding power users.

Ease in Configuration for Enthusiasts’ Requirements
All of the ASUS C90 notebook key components are compatible with major computing companies in the market – making it easy for enthusiasts to configure and create their one-of-a-kind dream machine.

Powerful Multimedia Solutions
The ASUS C90 is well equipped when it comes to multimedia support. A built-in 2.0 mega-pixel rotating CMOS camera with face tracking function provides vivid video conferencing anytime, anywhere. Additionally, an optional HD DVD drive or a Blu-ray optical drive can provide maximum performance or backup abilities. Furthermore, the ASUS C90 supports HDMI – providing enhanced HD video and 5 Gbps of bandwidth. A built-in TV tuner allows users to have wireless digital TV broadcasting and recording right out of the notebook. With this revolutionary digital technology, TV programs can now be watched without messy cables and even TVs.

Secure Privacy Protection
The C90 offers superb performance with comprehensive security features. Data security is uncompromised with a built-in fingerprint scanner that reads from the live layer of skin - preventing common skin surface conditions from impairing scanner accuracy. Embedded TPM (Trusted Platform Module) hardware solution prevents attacks by hackers looking to capture passwords and encryption keys to sensitive data.

08-23-2007, 06:34 PM
Dizzee is offline Dizzee
Expertise:
Software:

Dizzee is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Dizzee

Old

yeah most laptop gfx cards are soldered directly onto the motherboard

08-24-2007, 09:36 AM
Matsta is offline Matsta
Expertise:
Software:

Matsta is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Matsta Send a message via MSN to Matsta

Old

Actually the actual GPU is soldered to the motherboard. This is why Laptop's mobo's are usually referred to as 'Logic Boards'. This mean's that basically everything apart from the physical drives are located on the board. This helps with keeping the laptops small.
Believe it or not your average 'logic board' in a laptop isn't much bigger than a CD case

Closed Thread