Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1372 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Graphic Design, Multimedia and Photography :

The state of the design industry.

Thread title: The state of the design industry.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
02-04-2008, 01:42 PM
<!--Ryan--> is offline <!--Ryan-->
Expertise:
Software:

<!--Ryan--> is on a distinguished road

Old  The state of the design industry.

This was originally posted on Photoshop veterans but I also wanted to post the reply on here and start a thread.

I have some very strong opinions on this, it will be one of my first posts soon as I get round to get my blog up.
Some of our industry professionals are thinking that the bubble (along with all the money) might burst soon. I will get some links later on.
I really think that we need the bubble to burst before CSS3 gets a full release. Web design at the moment is stagnant. Most new sites are looking the same.
Just take a look at the designs in website design showcases. I have not been in to design to have a final say, all the sites in these look like the love child of Dan Cederholm
If and when the Bubble will burst it will make times harder than they are now. This will take away the stylists (adding a few drop shadows and gradients here and there) and hobbyists, because the money will not be here for them to earn a living off it.

We need these stylists to go because these are the people looking at designs and copying them.
This will then allow real designers to move the technology onwards and upwards. The difference between professional designers and stylists will be able to be seen then.

Stylists design for aesthetical reasons and Professional designers design for the end user. Professional designers are the trend setters, stylists are the copiers.