Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1033 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Web Hosting and Domain Names :

Starting a hosting company ?

Thread title: Starting a hosting company ?
Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
01-18-2007, 05:23 PM
adrenerlin is offline adrenerlin
Software:

adrenerlin is on a distinguished road

Old  Starting a hosting company ?

Hi guys im thinking of starting a hosting company , but i wanna no if u guys have any ideas for plans , what would you like in your , how much bandwidth and webspace , I want your ideas on what you think , i was think maybe a proxy package where there is a low amouth of web space but why bandwidth , Anyone i would like your ideas on what packages , what you would like to see , idea to make it unique , or just any general ideas ?

01-18-2007, 06:06 PM
DateinaDash is offline DateinaDash
Expertise:
Software:

DateinaDash is on a distinguished road

Old

My advice, don't start one.

01-18-2007, 06:20 PM
Bryan Le is offline Bryan Le
Expertise:
Software:

Bryan Le is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Bryan Le Send a message via MSN to Bryan Le

Old

If you need advice on this, or you don't know anything to do it on your own - I suggest that you may want to find another industry.

I don't mean to be rude, but the reality of the truth is, it's a cut throat business, and it seems that you are asking someone to hold your hand the whole way through to guide you into making a web hosting company.

The best ideas are original, and you'll need to find something that you can do uniquely.

01-18-2007, 06:22 PM
Bazza` is offline Bazza`
Expertise:
Software:

Bazza` is on a distinguished road

Old

If your starting this as a means to make money then I would take BidJams advice on this one.

Unless you have a good amount of money to start off with and have people ready and willing to use your service already then the chances are it will fail because there is simply WAY too much competition out there. The hosting market has been over saturated for years now, too many people thought it was an easy way to make money - it isn't.

01-19-2007, 10:33 AM
HQHost.net is offline HQHost.net
Software:

HQHost.net is on a distinguished road

Old

Hello. I suggest you start your webhosting business with reseller package.

01-20-2007, 08:18 AM
azariy is offline azariy
Software:

azariy is on a distinguished road

Old

Starting business with someone more experience than you - maybe yes, it's o'k but it may cause some problems in future.

02-07-2007, 01:46 PM
InfTekHosting is offline InfTekHosting
Software:

InfTekHosting is on a distinguished road

Send a message via Skype™ to InfTekHosting

Old

Bazza said it right: The web hosting market is indeed saturated, but in my humble opinion, and because Inftek Hosting picks up so many unsatisfied "refugee" customers from fly by night web hosts, there is always room for a GOOD, HONEST, Dependable web hosting company that offers freindly, excellent support.

Good customer service and web hosting companies that actually care about the customer, are very hard to come by.

Read, study, and learn the business. Join some of the hosting forums and get familiar with the ups and downs other hosts experience, then make your decision.

Good Luck!

InfTek Hosting
http://www.inftekhosting.com

02-07-2007, 02:32 PM
Gatt is offline Gatt
Expertise: Design & Development
Software: Photoshop

Gatt is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via AIM to Gatt Send a message via Skype™ to Gatt

Old

Yes as many have said, it's a cut throat business. Try something less risky.

02-08-2007, 05:03 PM
localhost is offline localhost
Expertise: programming, business
Software: Dreamweaver

localhost is on a distinguished road

Old

I agree - There are well too many hosting companies out there starting up and then about 3 are lost everyday becuase it's easy money until you find someone cheaper and then people dont want to buy your plans etc. It's the same with forums nowadays to becuse there are too many.
If you still want to good luck but you will end up loosing money eventually unless you become a real huge company like 1+1 - I doubt u will.

02-08-2007, 10:13 PM
bbdimension.com is offline bbdimension.com
Expertise:
Software:

bbdimension.com is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to bbdimension.com Send a message via MSN to bbdimension.com

Old

I have been running one for siz years on my own and its damn hard, there are times in which you have to pay out for other peoples mistakes, for example I moved our entire operation from theplanet to softlayer and made sure I would have 8 days to check everything however softlayer had a communication issue between cpanel and exim which resulted in me loosing many clients and having to move them again to a backup hdd then to move them again once a os reload was done on the main hdd so there was alot of swapping and changing, of which I nearlly gave up. Not only did we lose clients from it but those clients we lost where a huge income for the organisation and in such made us have to go into our own pocket to fund everything else. Softlayer said when we asked them about it since it wasn't covered on their sla it basically wasn't there problem however we argued the point and gained some little respect due to it.

My point being if your in it just to earn money then your entering the wrong business and its hugely competitive. If your a reseller its easier but if your thinking dedicated machines then expect to be hit hard on the odd occasion.

Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >