Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1579 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     HTML/XHTML/DHTML/CSS :

Are dreamweaver and frontpage really that bad?

Thread title: Are dreamweaver and frontpage really that bad?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
02-11-2005, 12:15 PM
kiswa is offline kiswa
Expertise:
Software:

kiswa is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by n0vi
My teacher just said that when they're doing Webdesign in IT class, she's gonna to let me use Dreamweaver 'cause i should learn it. So I'm gonna be learning it soon. Maybe I'll get to love it as much as some of you here do.
See, that's the problem.... Why are teachers of Webdesign classes in actual schools telling their students to use Dreamweaver and Frontpage and crap like that (I had a class in college that involved Frontpage, I refused to use it)? When someone is learning on their own, I cuold understand using programs like that to help with getting familiar with the tags and whatnot. But someone who is in a class, and theoretically has decent instruction should be learning how to make sites with Notepad (or a similar text editor).

I learned how to make websites by going to websites and clicking on View > Source. Then I tried doing what they did and figuring out why things worked certain ways. I learned so much more by doing that than I ever could have by using WYSIWYG editors.