Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1675 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Contracts, Business and Legal Help :

Warning: Xuxa

Thread title: Warning: Xuxa
Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
06-20-2007, 04:59 PM
Seb is offline Seb
Expertise:
Software:

Seb is on a distinguished road

Old  Warning: Xuxa

I am sure many of you have used this Xuxa before and had a fine experience. I was fooled by his portfolio. Looks nice right? Nice professional portfolio, got a few good clients right? But the truth is, you are dealing with a (just) 15 year old who is not able to:

a) provide what he quotes for
b) stick to his turnaround time
c) provide the offered refund

& before I continue, I have no problem with age, I am young myself. It's incompetence I cannot tolerate.

So what happened? I posted a request in the programming forums...HE CAME TO ME, after getting a chance to read the quote. You'd kind of think he'd be smart enough to make sure he could actually do this. For those of you interested, it was a custom PHP quote.

After negotiation on the price, we came to an agreement. $45 including paypal fees. $20 inc paypal fees upfront, and $25 on completion (inc paypal fees) and turnaround time "Tomorrow, and it will most probably be done tonight" Payment was sent straight away.

He messed me about, and changed the turnaround time numerous times. After one occasion, he claimed it would be completed and I would not have to pay the other deposit, nice gesture I thought. Then I wanted another small feature, as he had been taking so long he offered it for free.

So I would now be getting it all for $21.02, ok nice, I appreciate he cares.

Well I guess he doesn't...Up to 2 and a bit weeks, after nagging he has done minimal amounts but not completed it. I demanded a full refund and tell him I don't want his files, I have hired someone else. He says ok, I get the impression he was glad that he wouldn't have to finish it (The whole experience gave me the impression he was lazy)

"I don't have the money now, I will send it on Tuesday"

For reference, this was Tuesday as in yesterday. This refund was offered Friday. I said I wanted $30 refund instead of $21.02 because of the inconvience he has caused me (Nearly 3 weeks of messing about when I needed it urgently and making me wait for the refund). He agreed, and I thought ok, maybe he's not so bad after all.

Till today... He didn't contact me yesterday about the refund or send it as promised. He came online today, and has told me he will not refund the agreed $30, just the $21.02. Fine, I don't care. He just lost alot of business.

At one point he even tried to trick me into thinking his .htaccess login was a PHP login by writing 'PHP Secured' as the title when it popped up...but yeah i'm stupid right?

So let's see now, will he be man enough to refund the now agreed $21.02? I very much doubt it, and I will keep you all updated

I recommend to you as of this day Village Idiot and Wildhoney (as I am sure most of you are aware are the best in the business here)

Have a good day.

06-20-2007, 08:00 PM
thatjamie is offline thatjamie
Expertise: Ruby, Rails, jQuery
Software: Chocolat, Sublime Text 3

thatjamie is on a distinguished road

Send a message via Skype™ to thatjamie

Old

Thanks for the heads up. I'll keep that in mind on looking in future for programmers, i hope the issue is resolved between you two.

06-20-2007, 08:16 PM
Seb is offline Seb
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by JamieB View Post
Thanks for the heads up. I'll keep that in mind on looking in future for programmers, i hope the issue is resolved between you two.
Thanks. I can't be bothered to deal with the guy to be quite honest. I've filed a paypal claim which I am sure paypal will refund me ASAP.

06-20-2007, 10:12 PM
Xuxa is offline Xuxa
Expertise:
Software:

Xuxa is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Xuxa

Old

I told you that the money wouldn't be here until today and plus you threatened me and harassed me

06-20-2007, 10:21 PM
Seb is offline Seb
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by Xuxa View Post
I told you that the money wouldn't be here until today and plus you threatened me and harassed me
That was no threat. I filed a paypal dispute. You just think i'm going to let you keep putting back the date? I didn't 'harrass' you, today is the first time I asked you once for the refund that was due yesterday. I needed my money today, and funny how you just let me have it once I filed a paypal dispute.

Please guys, this guy is childish, he just neg iTradered me for no reason. He's twisting this into something it's not.

Edit: You also refused to pay the agreed addition.

06-20-2007, 10:34 PM
Salathe is offline Salathe
Expertise: Software Development
Software: vim, PHP

Salathe will become famous soon enough

Send a message via MSN to Salathe

Old

You're both as 'childish' (to use your words) as each other. This is a private matter between Seb and Xuxa with no need to bring this out into the public eye. So, Xuxa has trouble keeping to a deadline. Lesson learned, next time hire someone else if you're desperately needing the job done asap. There are tonnes of other coders who can keep to a deadline and you can find those without hitting Xuxa's otherwise good reputation on here.

You paid $21 and dragged the issue out for 3 weeks. For what, an hour's billable work? To be honest it seems you should have just cut your ties with Xuxa after a couple of days (ie, the missed first deadline) gotten a refund (forcibly or not) and be done with it. I'm sure both you and he would have been happier without this episode.

I don't usually get involved with topics like this but there seems to be somewhat of a trend recently to come here complaining about the most minor of incidents. Hire a real honest professional (and pay for that luxury) or be prepared to be bitten once or twice. But if you do get bitten, learn from that!

06-20-2007, 10:37 PM
Village Genius is offline Village Genius
Expertise: Software
Software: Chrome, Notepad++

Village Genius will become famous soon enough

Old

I agree with salathe here.

06-20-2007, 10:53 PM
Seb is offline Seb
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by Salathe View Post
You're both as 'childish' (to use your words) as each other. This is a private matter between Seb and Xuxa with no need to bring this out into the public eye. So, Xuxa has trouble keeping to a deadline. Lesson learned, next time hire someone else if you're desperately needing the job done asap. There are tonnes of other coders who can keep to a deadline and you can find those without hitting Xuxa's otherwise good reputation on here.

You paid $21 and dragged the issue out for 3 weeks. For what, an hour's billable work? To be honest it seems you should have just cut your ties with Xuxa after a couple of days (ie, the missed first deadline) gotten a refund (forcibly or not) and be done with it. I'm sure both you and he would have been happier without this episode.

I don't usually get involved with topics like this but there seems to be somewhat of a trend recently to come here complaining about the most minor of incidents. Hire a real honest professional (and pay for that luxury) or be prepared to be bitten once or twice. But if you do get bitten, learn from that!
I'd personally rather know if someone if someone on this forum does not complete work efficiently. The fact remains that this job was sourced through TalkFreelance and I believe that it was necessary to warn people like yourself from people like Xuxa. I made this thread in the best interest of the community, and the forum is called 'TalkFreelance', and guess what, we're talking about a problem i've had with a freelancer.

Edit: The only reason it dragged on so long is because he kept reassuring me that it would be done the next day, or that he hadn't had a chance to upload, or something along those lines.

It's not just a deadlines he has a problem with. I mentioned 3 main things.

Also, he is professional though right? It says that in big text on his portfolio...or perhaps he's not.

06-20-2007, 11:21 PM
Zas is offline Zas
Expertise: Photography
Software: Photoshop

Zas is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Zas Send a message via MSN to Zas Send a message via Yahoo to Zas Send a message via Skype™ to Zas

Old

Originally Posted by Seb View Post
I'd personally rather know if someone if someone on this forum does not complete work efficiently. The fact remains that this job was sourced through TalkFreelance and I believe that it was necessary to warn people like yourself from people like Xuxa.
That's what the iTrader feature is for ...

06-20-2007, 11:23 PM
Seb is offline Seb
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by Zas View Post
That's what the iTrader feature is for ...
That's why the iTrader feature has been used.

Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >