Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 2154 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Contracts, Business and Legal Help :

You're NOT a CEO!

Thread title: You're NOT a CEO!
Closed Thread  
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
10-10-2005, 12:24 AM
sm0ke is offline sm0ke
Expertise:
Software:

sm0ke is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to sm0ke Send a message via MSN to sm0ke

Old

Let the kids think want they want.

There just merely trying to make theirselves sound professional.

10-10-2005, 12:36 AM
xZaft is offline xZaft
Expertise:
Software:

xZaft is on a distinguished road

Old

But when we sit there laugh and point at there username on the screen, they'll take it personally, and then like they'll be all up in our stuff.

10-10-2005, 12:51 AM
sysblnk is offline sysblnk
Software:

sysblnk is on a distinguished road

Old

It is rather interesting to have these young "CEO's." However, this is not impossible many younger people are becoming quite successful and they are in every way professional besides their age.

I do agree however the "CEO's" that are popping up around forums are not valid. I myself like to refer to the term designer/developer although I do like "creative director" and "project manager", which is basically what I do. I don't have a big company so being the CEO of myself is kind of silly in my opinion.

10-10-2005, 01:48 AM
Bennett is offline Bennett
Expertise:
Software:

Bennett is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Bennett

Old

Originally Posted by dereklapp
RGM -> regional general manager?
Yes, 3 different states -- IA, IL, MI(soon)

10-10-2005, 02:41 AM
derek lapp is offline derek lapp
Expertise:
Software:

derek lapp is on a distinguished road

Old

sweet, was'nt sure what RGM stood for, just took a stab in the dark.

sys, there's nothing wrong with being a CEO regardless of company size. the problem here is that people are using this term without knowing what it really means. back when i got into the design scene when everyone has cs clan design companies people were CEO's of online design teams... every effort to look more legit / professional just had the reverse effect and exposed how little they really know about the business world.

10-10-2005, 02:49 AM
xZaft is offline xZaft
Expertise:
Software:

xZaft is on a distinguished road

Old

yeah, exactly why when i made sites instead of "CEO" I would put Admin/administrator/dark lord (don't ask).

10-10-2005, 04:06 AM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

There is a differences between being a CEO of a $200 business and a CEO of a $50mil+ business.

You technically can be considered legally a CEO as soon as you incorperate. Other than that, you cannot grant yourself that title. For instants, when you file taxes, etc for your business, you cannot file as such.

And as for children putting that as their job title--It is a little fraudulent--then again, it just shows they have no real concept of what they are trying to get involved with.

I think it'd be rather funny though--when one applies for a job at a local min wage job like Mc Donalds and puts "CEO" as their past job experience.

10-10-2005, 05:34 AM
sysblnk is offline sysblnk
Software:

sysblnk is on a distinguished road

Old

Haha, thats rather funny indeed.

Derek, in my opinion if youre a one man team even though you CAN say youre the CEO wouldnt it rather be silly? Of course it makes you sound more important but I still think its rather pointless.

May be off topic but still related..how many of these "CEO's" actually incorporated or even registered their business at all? How many of them even pay taxes? I'm just curious...

10-10-2005, 05:46 AM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by sysblnk
Haha, thats rather funny indeed.

Derek, in my opinion if youre a one man team even though you CAN say youre the CEO wouldnt it rather be silly? Of course it makes you sound more important but I still think its rather pointless.

May be off topic but still related..how many of these "CEO's" actually incorporated or even registered their business at all? How many of them even pay taxes? I'm just curious...

IRS will just have fun with them...

Most probably don't turn into a corporation because of the costs involved. A majority is just looking for a few quick bucks--so why send the $400-$5,000 needed to get everything done?

Another thing I always find funny--is when you see on some peoples websites--they automatically affiliate themselves with major companies--just because they use their product or such.

"Yeah, adobe and my company are big time buds because I use a wares'd version of their product!" *sighs*

CEO, in my opinion, only holds it's respect with what company it is associated with. Who cares if you're the CEO of some random crap biz that makes $20 a week.

10-10-2005, 06:51 AM
Julian is offline Julian
Expertise:
Software:

Julian is on a distinguished road

Old

CEO = Chief Executive Officer.

Now a Chief in my opinion (note: I said "my opinion") is the person at that leads the business. An Executive is someone who is a solid business person, at the peak of their peers. An Officer is someone who is official, professional, knows EVERYTHING about their business.

To sum up, CEO = A highly ranked official and professional business leader who is an absolute expert in their field of business.

I call myself a Managing Director, simply because I manage and direct everything.

Closed Thread  
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >