Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 952 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Contracts, Business and Legal Help :

Clients.. Was I Unfair?

Thread title: Clients.. Was I Unfair?
Closed Thread  
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
05-23-2005, 05:33 PM
Lewis Malpas is offline Lewis Malpas
Expertise:
Software:

Lewis Malpas is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Lewis Malpas

Old

I said I lost my reputation which I do care about

05-23-2005, 06:29 PM
tickedon is offline tickedon
Expertise:
Software:

tickedon is on a distinguished road

Old

Just as a note, I had BP do some banners for me a few weeks ago. I have nothing but praise for him & the quality of the banners he produced which were excellent.

'Problem' clients are a fact of doing business - whether it's online or offline - but seem to be more common online in my experience. If you do any sort of work online, you're bound to come across them at some point. I often do freelance work locally that is over a grand (weeds out most of the kiddies and idiots looking for a free lunch) but yet I've still had problems with clients wanting more than they agreed to (and signed off on the contract). But on the other hand, I've had plenty of people pay me £100 for a couple of hours work and not caused any fuss at all.

No matter what you do to protect yourself (contract, documentation etc...), you'll still find people trying to get more than they agreed to, and when they don't get it, many know how to kick up a storm. You've just got to move on

05-23-2005, 06:35 PM
Gethin is offline Gethin
Expertise:
Software:

Gethin is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Gethin

Old

Originally Posted by tickedon
Just as a note, I had BP do some banners for me a few weeks ago. I have nothing but praise for him & the quality of the banners he produced which were excellent.

'Problem' clients are a fact of doing business - whether it's online or offline - but seem to be more common online in my experience. If you do any sort of work online, you're bound to come across them at some point. I often do freelance work locally that is over a grand (weeds out most of the kiddies and idiots looking for a free lunch) but yet I've still had problems with clients wanting more than they agreed to (and signed off on the contract). But on the other hand, I've had plenty of people pay me £100 for a couple of hours work and not caused any fuss at all.

No matter what you do to protect yourself (contract, documentation etc...), you'll still find people trying to get more than they agreed to, and when they don't get it, many know how to kick up a storm. You've just got to move on
That's not exactly what I did.

Anyway, just to tell everyone me and BP have talked on AIM, he kindly apolgized for all the hassle and stated that he made an issue of something that wasnt necessary.

05-23-2005, 07:15 PM
sysblnk is offline sysblnk
Software:

sysblnk is on a distinguished road

Old

Glad to hear it BP and H2F. A lot of times this type of situation is just a misunderstanding. On the other hand when a client doesnt pay the money he owes you....

Closed Thread  
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4