Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1415 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Web Hosting and Domain Names :

Question about Resellers Plans

Thread title: Question about Resellers Plans
Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
04-19-2005, 02:00 AM
Pure is offline Pure
Expertise:
Software:

Pure is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Pure Send a message via MSN to Pure Send a message via Yahoo to Pure

Old  Question about Resellers Plans

Well Im all new to the "resellers" side. Im wondering say I bought a resellers hosting plan. When i sell hosting do i get to keep the money from subscriptions? or does that go to the person hosting me?
Thnaks in advance

04-19-2005, 02:15 AM
Stephen is offline Stephen
Expertise:
Software:

Stephen is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Stephen Send a message via MSN to Stephen

Old

You keep 100% of what you sell

04-19-2005, 02:25 AM
Pure is offline Pure
Expertise:
Software:

Send a message via AIM to Pure Send a message via MSN to Pure Send a message via Yahoo to Pure

Old

Thanks for the help. Im now offically going to start a hosting company! thanks again.

04-19-2005, 03:38 AM
Stephen is offline Stephen
Expertise:
Software:

Stephen is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Stephen Send a message via MSN to Stephen

Old

Goodluck, its actually hard work starting one up you will see

04-19-2005, 03:53 PM
Anthony is offline Anthony
Expertise:
Software:

Anthony is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Anthony

Old

There are two types of reseller plans (figuratively speaking):

• Active Reseller
The leasing/rental of hosting resources from a higher powered entity, which is used to generate a regular income for you and your business. You manage the reseller account for yourself while the company manage the server in which your account is being hosted on.

• Affiliate/Reseller
Selling for a company via your own control panel, or link referral, or a product code entered via the ordering CP which lets the company know that you referred that order. Possible inclusion of a third party script onto your website, which gives you the complex of the admin of the orders, when in fact everything is faced towards the company which you are reselling for.

Hope that helps, and best of luck with your venture

04-19-2005, 08:38 PM
DateinaDash is offline DateinaDash
Expertise:
Software:

DateinaDash is on a distinguished road

Old

Nothing more to say on this matter, Anthony pretty much summed it up. If you have a reseller account, you basically have the ability to offer private label hosting to anyone. What this means is, you can setup accounts for customers and charge them a fee (keeping 100% of what you earn) while the hosting provider maintains the server. Private label reseller accounts allow you to brand your own control panel and such

Thanks for the help. Im now offically going to start a hosting company! thanks again.
I warn you, it's not as easy as just "start a hosting company", it takes alot of hard work, hours and dedication. Start off slowly, get a few clients (friends or family) learn the ins and outs before you get serious and take on more than you can chew!

Good luck.

04-19-2005, 10:12 PM
Pure is offline Pure
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by Robson
Nothing more to say on this matter, Anthony pretty much summed it up. If you have a reseller account, you basically have the ability to offer private label hosting to anyone. What this means is, you can setup accounts for customers and charge them a fee (keeping 100% of what you earn) while the hosting provider maintains the server. Private label reseller accounts allow you to brand your own control panel and such

I warn you, it's not as easy as just "start a hosting company", it takes alot of hard work, hours and dedication. Start off slowly, get a few clients (friends or family) learn the ins and outs before you get serious and take on more than you can chew!

Good luck.
Now I know why i joined this forum, thanks for all the help, Im just loking for a second income. Hosting people is somthing i could possiblely do. Thank you all.

04-19-2005, 10:14 PM
RackChat is offline RackChat
Expertise:
Software:

RackChat is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to RackChat

Old

Pure, no offense intended, but do you even know what domain propagation is? Have you ever worked with cPanel/WHM(assuming that is the control panel you are using)? How are you planning on offering support to your clients?

Join hosting communities, read articles and tutorials before you even attempt to charging clients for your hosting services.

Regards,
-Alex

04-19-2005, 10:35 PM
ChiTownmedia is offline ChiTownmedia
Expertise:
Software:

ChiTownmedia is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to ChiTownmedia Send a message via MSN to ChiTownmedia

Old

How do you plan to run a business when you can't even provide service during normal business hours?

04-19-2005, 10:44 PM
DateinaDash is offline DateinaDash
Expertise:
Software:

DateinaDash is on a distinguished road

Old

Who said he can't? Who said he would be the one providing the service, he might hire support staff etc. I do agree, the hosting industry is very hard to crack but from what i'm gathering he just wants to host a few people here and there to make a few bucks and pick up some new skills....nothing wrong with that

Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >