Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1629 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     Suggestions and Feedback :

Change it Back

Thread title: Change it Back
Closed Thread  
Page 9 of 20 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 >
03-24-2007, 11:04 AM
sletts02 is offline sletts02
Expertise:
Software:

sletts02 is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to sletts02

Old

Originally Posted by sixmode View Post
Robert said it well. Lets move Talkfreelance forward. I remember a while back, Fexboards were doing a complete overhaul and they had their members submit skins that they thought would fit. Then the staff voted on the ones that they thought were suiting. There's enough talented people here where this could also work for us.

Anyway, I could offer help if needed if you guys are indeed redesigning the place.

-snipage
I have to agree. The community is massive, and it is evident from seeing the replies thus far in this thread that the community wants to see TF go forward. Some are so committed that they will help in making the board progress.

Apparently the new category arrangements are to encourage posting in the offers requests etc. Perhaps TF should lead the way by making a forum design contest then having the COMMUNITY (and staff) vote on the winning design and have that put in to practise.

Furthermore, the community too should be having some input to the direction of the forum. As BigJam said, the website has so much potential for expansion. Podcasts etc. If the community lent their ideas, and then had some voting as to what would be used, it would be beneficial.

Lastly, I have to agree with the "realign" concept that was introduced a few posts pack. Obviously this would be emphasized in the contest. Sure there may be some underlying psychological factors in terms of the current colour choice. However, what "we" have developed over time is a trademark. Over time we have been subconciously subjected to the colours everytime we visit TF, we know that green and blue belong to TF. At the bare minimum, this trademark, this identity that has been built needs to be preserved.

My two cents.

03-24-2007, 11:15 AM
Garyrae is offline Garyrae
Expertise:
Software:

Garyrae is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Garyrae Send a message via Skype™ to Garyrae

Old

Another thing.. Why has the title been changed?
Talkfreelance - Freelance Web Design, Programming, Developing & Webmaster Forum - powered by vBulletin

To:
Talkfreelance - powered by vBulletin

Seems pretty illogical to me. |:

03-24-2007, 11:58 AM
Matsta is offline Matsta
Expertise:
Software:

Matsta is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Matsta Send a message via MSN to Matsta

Old

Originally Posted by Indy View Post
Another thing.. Why has the title been changed?
Talkfreelance - Freelance Web Design, Programming, Developing & Webmaster Forum - powered by vBulletin

To:
Talkfreelance - powered by vBulletin

Seems pretty illogical to me. |:
Oooh could it be a new SEO idea, the simpler the better? I'm not sure but thing have gone a little wacko lol

03-24-2007, 01:55 PM
DateinaDash is offline DateinaDash
Expertise:
Software:

DateinaDash is on a distinguished road

Old

Everything about Talkfreelance is illogical. The problem is, they never like to admit when they do something wrong, so chances are this new setup will stay, even though it's going to kill activity.

03-24-2007, 02:30 PM
fooblah123 is offline fooblah123
Software:

fooblah123 is on a distinguished road

Old

Can TFL get some new moderators/admins. They should get some of the active people with a good oppinion like BidJam. We need some more actual members to turn into mods!

Thanks

03-24-2007, 02:33 PM
Bazza` is offline Bazza`
Expertise:
Software:

Bazza` is on a distinguished road

Old

I don't think the structure is staying like this, although I can't say I fully know what is going on at the moment.

The Market Place is better opened up rather than being hidden but I don't think it looks good being at the top and from what I can recall it wasn't actually planned to be at the top so I wouldn't be suprise dif that gets moved once Zee gets back.

As for the General Chat sections being at the bottom, I don't think that really matters. If you come here just for the general chit-chat (and a lot of people do we are a talky community after all) then you simply just scroll right down to the bottom to see it.

To be honest I wouldn't be suprised if you see the forums move a bout a little bit over the next couple of days so I guess all I can say is please bear with it until it gets sorted

Can TFL get some new moderators/admins. They should get some of the active people with a good oppinion like BidJam. We need some more actual members to turn into mods!

Thanks
Last time we brought on a number of new mods everyone complained we had too many mods. We are looking at the staff situation though and sooner or later there will probably be new additions to the staff but staff will certainly not be picked based on how much they post

03-24-2007, 02:37 PM
fooblah123 is offline fooblah123
Software:

fooblah123 is on a distinguished road

Old

Well i think post count is good because it can represent how much they put into the forum.

Thansk

03-24-2007, 03:32 PM
DateinaDash is offline DateinaDash
Expertise:
Software:

DateinaDash is on a distinguished road

Old

Surely it's not that hard to see that the majority of people don't come here for freelance discussion, they don't come here for talking about marketing or business. The majority of people (myself included) just come here because it's a hard habit to break, i'm sure there are alot of people like me, who just come here because it's what they've been apart of for so long.

So by changing the structure you may be appealing to new members but you're just going to lose alot of the current ones interest, people do not want to scroll down to see the general chat, news & annoucements by pure logic has to be the first forum. I can understand somewhat on the marketplace being opened up, but really, thousands of people managed fine before, why change it now? All you've done is ruin one of the unique elements this community had (the way the marketplace was designed), that in itself probably attracted quite a few members, believe it or not.

What I really want to know is, is anyone actually tracking the changes? Are you measuring how many posts are made per day based on the previous layout, the new one, because i'd put money that activity will drop with the general chat at the bottom, sure you may get more threads in the marketplace, but what is the good of Talkfreelance without a community? Do you really want this place to be another yaxay? I thought that was what we didn't want?

03-24-2007, 03:41 PM
Bazza` is offline Bazza`
Expertise:
Software:

Bazza` is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by BidJam View Post
news & annoucements by pure logic has to be the first forum.
From what I'm aware that actually was/is going to be at the top and the Market Place was/is going to be moved down below the development, marketing etc discussion forums. So again don't be surprised if things change over the next couple of days although I probably shouldn't be saying that because Zee's plans might have changed I don't know.

As for opening the Market Place, well it is easier usability wise with it open and I think one aspect of changing it was to fit in with the new design which I'm not even going to get into at this point lol.

Anyway, just bear with it for now if you can as I do think things may still change a bit over the next few days. The restructure I actually don't think is such a bad idea, although it will of course take us all some adjusting too but I think it can work better rearranged - although obviously the way it is now could probably do with a little bit of work

03-24-2007, 05:15 PM
Jako is offline Jako
Expertise:
Software:

Jako is on a distinguished road

Old

Thank god for the vBulletin collapse feature. At least I don't have to look at that terrible marketplace forum located at the top. It was fine before.

Closed Thread  
Page 9 of 20 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 >