Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 835 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Browsers and Operating Systems :

Any other noteable browsers?

Thread title: Any other noteable browsers?
Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
05-28-2007, 01:36 AM
BrokenFaith is offline BrokenFaith
Expertise:
Software:

BrokenFaith is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to BrokenFaith Send a message via MSN to BrokenFaith

Old  Any other noteable browsers?

Ive gone through all the browsers, and am getting annoyed!

I started out using IE, and got bored with it fast, I just simply dont like it, speed issues, feature issues, etc..

So I joined the bandwagon, and joined the firefox club, and loved it for the first month or so, then it started getting terribly slow, and took a minute+ to load from coldstart, and warmstart.. and it just got anoying, but I loved all the modifications i had for FF, but Then I decded to switch to..

Opera.. It's what Im using now, It was definitely a change from FF, some better features, some worse, Speed was MUCH better, but I lost a lot of my mods, I cant have a seperate row for my bookmarks, So I had to get used to it's SpeedDial, and I used the interigated Mail feature for it, and hey, its cool, but Opera doenst actually REMMEMBER and AUTOFILL my passwords, so when I go to places like myspace, or TFL or anytghing with a login, I am forced to manual type my password, because that damn WAND thing NEVER works.. and NEVER shows up.

So I was just curious as to if there were any other noteable Windows Browsers that are worth trying?

05-28-2007, 01:48 AM
Wildhoney is offline Wildhoney
Expertise:
Software:

Wildhoney is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Wildhoney Send a message via MSN to Wildhoney Send a message via Yahoo to Wildhoney

Old

I've always loved the K-Meleon browser as you can do pretty much anything with it. However, if you want lightning quick load up times with a lightweight browser, give Maxathon a whirl.

05-28-2007, 01:52 AM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Which would you PREFER for me?

I just need something with a decent interface, somewhat fast, auto fills passwords, if possible, has its own ROW at the top for Favorites / Bookmarks, and I really need either a POP3 or GMAIL mail notifier, Theres a plugin for FF for it, and Opera has a built in one...

05-28-2007, 01:57 AM
Andrew R is offline Andrew R
Expertise:
Software:

Andrew R is on a distinguished road

Old

FF only gets slow if you have a lot of plugins or extensions. If you keep it very lightweight, it won't get slow. If not, then possibly go with Maxathon (Adam linked to it).

05-28-2007, 01:59 AM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Ill try maxathon then..

The only things ive got on my FF, is my Gmail Plugin, and a theme.. that is it..

and its terrible to load.. though I love the spell checker..

05-28-2007, 03:03 AM
Vizon is offline Vizon - Click for my Image
Expertise:
Software:

Vizon is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

FF, I won't be leaving it really. When I get my Vista, I might use IE7 a bit more.. (Although I have it now, and it seems slow.. ) The thing is I don't have the issues you are having unless I view like 5 surreal media templates or something

05-28-2007, 03:41 AM
sketchie is offline sketchie
Software:

sketchie is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by BrokenFaith View Post
I cant have a seperate row for my bookmarks, So I had to get used to it's SpeedDial,
You can make folders in the bookmarks for categorising if that's what you mean? Otherwise if you click the bar at the far left and select Book Marks they all list.

Also, the speed dial is genious , all you have to do is press Ctrl+*number* and your site loads up.

and I used the interigated Mail feature for it, and hey, its cool, but Opera doenst actually REMMEMBER and AUTOFILL my passwords, so when I go to places like myspace, or TFL or anytghing with a login, I am forced to manual type my password, because that damn WAND thing NEVER works.. and NEVER shows up.
It shows up all the time for me, but if you press "Never" it won't bug you for that site again. When it works, Ctrl+Enter and it fills in your details and enters for you.

05-28-2007, 03:48 AM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by sketchie View Post
You can make folders in the bookmarks for categorising if that's what you mean? Otherwise if you click the bar at the far left and select Book Marks they all list.

Also, the speed dial is genious , all you have to do is press Ctrl+*number* and your site loads up.

It shows up all the time for me, but if you press "Never" it won't bug you for that site again. When it works, Ctrl+Enter and it fills in your details and enters for you.
You didnt read it correctly.

I need a ROW on my Page for Bookmarks, like one row is my BrowserBar, one row is my FOWARD - BACK - REFRESH etc.. In FF you cna have a seperate row for bookmarks.

And as for the mail, I said OPERA DOES HAVE IT, and I like it, i need another browser that HAS it.

05-29-2007, 05:01 PM
sketchie is offline sketchie
Software:

sketchie is on a distinguished road

Old

You didnt read it correctly.

I need a ROW on my Page for Bookmarks, like one row is my BrowserBar, one row is my FOWARD - BACK - REFRESH etc.. In FF you cna have a seperate row for bookmarks.

And as for the mail, I said OPERA DOES HAVE IT, and I like it, i need another browser that HAS it.
Ok I missunderstood, I don't really see what's so bad about using speed dial.

Anyway as for your wand not working half the time, go to:
Tools > Advanced > Wand Passwords

Go to the websites it doesn't have saved, delete any data inside it and then it will ask you again. Hope that helps.

06-01-2007, 10:14 PM
cbeley is offline cbeley
Expertise:
Software:

cbeley is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to cbeley Send a message via MSN to cbeley

Old

Well....if your looking for a really small, but usefull, browser...look no further. Dillo beats Firefox, Opera, IE, and many others having a binnary at only 350KB. It's pretty neat...but probally not what you are looking for -- http://www.dillo.org/. As a bonus, it runs on a number of differnt things

Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >