Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1519 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Graphic Design, Multimedia and Photography     The Gallery Showcase :

[start of] new portfolio

Thread title: [start of] new portfolio
01-19-2013, 06:52 PM
derek lapp is offline derek lapp
Expertise:
Software:

derek lapp is on a distinguished road

Old  [start of] new portfolio

just put up the first stage in relaunching my portfolio for 2013. it's going to be a hybrid 1page-multipage website, which is why the first panel/stage is so basic. it's a one page website in that, if js is enabled i won't require a ton of http requests and page reloads, things will compile on the fly. by multipage, i mean it won't just be a couple sections tags and that's it; there will still be a variety of in depth information on me, my work and my activities / experiments. quite honestly, i'm building a presentation more than i am the typical website.

anyways, this is a watered down skeleton of what the home page will look like. things won't change drastically, but i have better content written, and i have a much more compelling illustration / hero graphic to utilize once the remaining sections are complete.

now, i'm notoriously bad for maintaining my own site. this time around i'm going for the agile approach over the waterfall approach. i'm hoping this thread will keep me focused, so without further ado,

http://www.vectorthis.com

<= IE8 are purposely being served a copy of the mobile set up.

* < IE8 has pathetic browser standards
* IE8 has slightly more, but not enough to make a difference
* enterprise is not my primary target market. if you're on IE8 or less because you choose to be, not because you aren't allowed to break ranks, we won't get along during the creative processess and it's probably better for both our sakes we don't try to fit a square peg into a round hole
* the people/connections i have in the enterprise world understand the above points and go to bat for me when pitching on enterprise work.
* enterprise is not even close to my primary target, based on point #2, so i have an issue with Ie support maybe once a year

thanks for reading! i'm hoping i might have a full project online by may css reboot time - not that i think anyone still does those, or read about those, the project timeline just happens to work out to may.