Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1548 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Graphic Design, Multimedia and Photography     The Gallery Showcase :

Feedback

Thread title: Feedback
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
11-10-2012, 10:59 AM
KewL is offline KewL
Expertise: Design, Music, Xhtml, Css
Software: Photoshop, Coda, FL Studio

KewL is an unknown quantity at this point

Old  Feedback

Hey guys, I recently started a design, it's my first in design in year or so! Would like some seriously feedback and constructive criticism. It's still far from being complete. I've uploaded it here:
http://undergroundhiphop.me/

11-11-2012, 02:51 PM
alihs is offline alihs
Expertise: design, PHP, Wordpress, SEO
Software: Photoshop, Notepad++, Firefox

alihs is on a distinguished road

Old

quite simple.
Seems a simple template.
Great and clean code

11-11-2012, 04:04 PM
lanotdesign is offline lanotdesign
Expertise: Webdesign
Software: Photoshop cs4

lanotdesign is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to lanotdesign Send a message via Skype™ to lanotdesign

Old

Your design is clean and professional looking, however a little dull for my taste. Add a bit of color but the layout itself is alright.

11-11-2012, 05:05 PM
KewL is offline KewL

Old

Thanks for the feedback guys! I will definitely keep your suggestions in mind. I'll try adding more color for sure. It's not coded in yet, but there's also going to be an image slider about the first post below the navigation bar. I will also add a cool dark foot with top posts and cool things.

11-11-2012, 07:27 PM
Sevencomet is offline Sevencomet
Software: photoshop,excel

Sevencomet is on a distinguished road

Old

I must say a bit dull as nothing really stands out except the logo. Which is quite good. when you add colour I will re-review it. Is there going to be a footer section ?

11-12-2012, 07:12 AM
KewL is offline KewL

Old

Originally Posted by Sevencomet View Post
I must say a bit dull as nothing really stands out except the logo. Which is quite good. when you add colour I will re-review it. Is there going to be a footer section ?
Thats pretty funny because i feel like the logo is horrible, i'm planning on changing it. Hmm well im working on it somemore right now, ill edit this post when an updates uploaded.

12-04-2012, 03:37 AM
KewL is offline KewL

Old

Finally updated. I've been working a lot at my shitty job and been super busy, I haven't had much time to work on the design. So I started integrating wordpress, added more color, and am working on getting a slider going right now. I think it's looking pretty good! The color advice was great, I think the added red/blue make it look way better!

http://undergroundhiphop.me

By the way, I'm still trying to figure out the slider, so if it looks messed up thats why.

12-04-2012, 07:39 AM
Zara is offline Zara
Software:

Zara is on a distinguished road

Old

It's a clean look but it does seem a bit empty still... The tag links need some formatting, the comments sidebar needs fixed, and I'm not crazy about the bullets, sidebar headings background, or the :hover effect on the main navigation...

Overall, it's not a bad design but I wouldn't say it's great either... If you're going to stick with that logo, you may want to look into embedding a font-face that compliments it, and use that for other headings...

12-05-2012, 04:38 AM
derek lapp is offline derek lapp
Expertise:
Software:

derek lapp is on a distinguished road

Old

i'm probably going to come off as a dick, but ... c'est la vie. it's going to get you thinking again.

i clicked the link and instantly closed it because i thought it loaded a spam/parked domain page. i checked the post dates and realized it wasn't old, these were recent posts and that's actually what the design (or lack-there-of) looks like. i went back, and i'm kinda upset.

i have 2 big beefs:

1. you asked for serious feedback and got everything but. you got lip service, which is useless.

clean, simple, professional... are you guys high? not even taking into account name culture shock'd, how do any of those words associate with hip-hop?

2. honestly, i'd say you have a bad design, but you don't really have one here. you have a wordpress theme.

you got a name like culture shock'd, and you have the most culture-less theme ever. i grew up with rap/hip-hop in the 90's, i'm sure real hip-hop hasn't changed, but even the main stream stuff was about the streets. it was rough, it was tough, it was in your face, it was the opposite of simple, clean & professional.

you're on the right track with the grafitti, but ditch the shadows, ditch the stupid plastic gradients and bevels, ditch brush script. get it rough, get it dirty, get it in my face.

check out some hip hop album covers and translate that to a usable UI:

[img]http://www.soultravelmultimedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Best-Hip-Hop-Album-Cover-35.jpg
[/img]

i'm not trying to pick on you, but design really is a lost art if installing "simpletheme" counts as designing now.

12-05-2012, 05:54 AM
KewL is offline KewL

Old

Ok, I've been thinking about it, I think you are seeing the correct design. I just realized the header on this one has a graffitish font as well. I thought you were seeing the old design which has a completely graffitied out logo.

I'm not planning on relaunching my underground hiphop blog, or starting a world culture blog, I only develop designs on the domain.

Yeah, it's simple and glossy, which is the style I like. I was trying to design something similar to the designs you see on the online magazine blogs popular today I was inspired by the design below, which I quite like:

http://d3pr5r64n04s3o.cloudfront.net...zine_large.jpg

It did come out a little to basic, and follows the "wordpress theme" format to close. How can I improve this design without throwing it out and designing something completely different?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >