Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1205 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     Suggestions and Feedback :

A worrysome rant..

Thread title: A worrysome rant..

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
06-01-2006, 11:58 PM
Jeff Andersen is offline Jeff Andersen
Software:

Jeff Andersen is on a distinguished road

Old  A worrysome rant..

First let me start off by saying this is no way a shot at anyone, members or staff or any particular event on these boards, this is a general cesus of what i've seen throughout the forums the couple months.

I must say the last few months the quality of this board has diminished.
I remember when talkfreelance was a professional atmosphere not filled with the bickering and complaining that i have seen as of late.

I have found that users do not put thought into their posts, but rather just throw a cheap shot at random users for minor activities that would have been bypassed had there been an ounce of maturity lurking the background.

Also, I feel that a lot of the activity that has happened here lately has not been that of discussion the feelance world, helping others and other matters in this wonderful online field but that of useless banter that is best kept on ones blog or a general chat / buddy community. Yes yes, you might say that we all need to drop the thought of work every once in a while and have a chat with those of various interests around us -- I'm all for that. But i just don't feel that the majority of the posts should be consumed by this type of conversation.

I could be in the total wrong frame of mind, and be off in left wing here but it's just the way i've felt and had to get it off my chest and see if there might be some other people that share a similar mindset.

Also remember this is not a place to point fingers or bring up specifics. This is general discussion and hypotheticals (not the website ).

Any thoughts?
Regards