Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1582 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Contracts, Business and Legal Help :

Warning to others

Thread title: Warning to others
Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
07-15-2006, 12:06 AM
Mark Bolyard is offline Mark Bolyard
Expertise:
Software:

Mark Bolyard is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Mark Bolyard

Old  Warning to others

This is not a good subject for me unfortunately. I recently purchased a forum, TalkvB from Matt Price. My site, was a PR6 is now a PR3. But that's to be expected since the site in question was sold to me by Matt Price / AKA Artico, TalkvB (here on TF) and lord knows what other aliases.

He had a domain redirected to TalkvB inflating the PR and the traffic, then immediately redirected it after the sale when I knew he had done this, and was to keep the domain directed to TalkvB for a year. I am relatively new to TalkFreelance, and now I have seen in the past what kind of person Matt is. He doesn't respond to IM's, emails, nothing. I managed to reach him once after the sale regarding this, and he said he was changing the nameservers back (BTW, my traffic dropped from 8000 uniqs a month, to about 2000 uniqs.)

I gennerally do my homework before purchasing a website, and for some reason, something slipped by this time and I ended making a bad decision.

If you (Matt) happen to come across this, and correct what should have been taken care of a while ago, then I will publicly appologize and call it a misunderstanding. None the less, TalkvB will go on and become the community I wanted it to be.

My appologies for posting my problems for all to see, but it's pretty disturbing when this happens, and I hope no one will be involved in a transaction like this with Matt, or others who decide to do the same thing / use the same tactics.

Mark

07-15-2006, 12:21 AM
Landes is offline Landes
Expertise:
Software:

Landes is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Landes Send a message via MSN to Landes

Old

I agree, stay away from him. He is unfortunantly a troubled soul.

07-15-2006, 12:39 AM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Update: Ironically before posting this, Matt came online. Here was my conversation with him:

talkvb (8:00:58 PM): Matt

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Auto Response from onkd (8:00:59 PM): bbl
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

talkvb (8:03:15 PM): I am about 5 second away from posting our IM conversations regarding the sale of TalkvB. My PR dropped to 3, traffic by 4000+ uniqs and you have not responded to one email or my requet to point the domain back to TalkvB (templateforum.net). So since you do not want to respond one on one, I will be happy o discuss this in the public forums you frequent.

talkvb (8:03:51 PM): It's a shame that you are such a talented designer, but do not follow up on your word. enough said.

onkd (8:09:14 PM): um

onkd returned at 8:09:15 PM.

onkd (8:09:19 PM): the domain is still pointed to your site

onkd (8:09:27 PM): its because YOU started promoting it

onkd (8:09:30 PM): and I stopped.

onkd (8:09:32 PM): End of story.

onkd (8:09:34 PM): Go ahead and post.

onkd (8:09:39 PM): It'll make you look silly.

onkd (8:09:49 PM): I was posting on hundreds of forums a day you prolly don;t

onkd (8:09:54 PM): that explains traffic

onkd (8:10:07 PM): as far as pr, I bought text links on certain sites which have dropped you

onkd (8:10:11 PM): end of story.

onkd (8:10:12 PM): by

onkd (8:10:14 PM): no need to be rude

onkd went away at 8:10:16 PM.

talkvb (8:10:42 PM): I am not being rude, you simply do not answer my IM's. Why is that?

Auto Response from onkd (8:10:42 PM): bbl

talkvb (8:11:08 PM): You know I have been trying to reach you, the simple thing would have been to reply, but you don't

talkvb (8:11:47 PM): I do post on sites / forums. I have bought text links, and that domain does not redirect to talkvb. See for yourself www.templateforum.net

talkvb (8:11:54 PM): it's a blank page

talkvb (8:13:28 PM): If you look back on the refferer logs, almost ALL of the traffic came from that domain. two days after I had the site, there was not one visit from there. That is when I approached you about directing it back. Right or wrong.

talkvb (8:14:37 PM): Simple question. I don't want to be, nor like to be a ass about anything. I am a pretty easy person to get along with, I just don't know why you choose to ignore the fact that you are at fault, or at the least, there is a communication problem between the two of us.

talkvb (8:16:27 PM): For instance: May http://www.templateforum.net6200 uniqs

talkvb (8:17:04 PM): June: - http://www.templateforum.net2108 uniqs

talkvb (8:18:19 PM): 06 Jun 2006 472 daily uniqs from templateforum.net

talkvb (8:19:15 PM): now nothing, from the night I bought it to now.

talkvb (8:19:34 PM): didn't think you could explain that. Anyhow. thats all.
Code:
templateforum.net

Domain servers in listed order: 
  NS1.EV1SERVERS.NET  207.218.245.135 
  NS2.EV1SERVERS.NET  207.218.247.135
NOT MY NAMESERVERS!

07-15-2006, 01:16 AM
Techno is offline Techno
Expertise:
Software:

Techno is on a distinguished road

Old

I guess I should stick up for him, He is a good friend of mine, he has gone a bit awol since the 4th July weekend and because of that me and my friend Jim had to stop neogations with him and find a new designer. Matt's a great guy but I fear he has lost interest in the freelance world, I know this dosen't excuse what he has done but if you don't care anymore then you won't do anything.

07-15-2006, 01:27 AM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Yes, Techno, I am aware you know him, i think from a paste conversation. I'm not saying that this is his norm, but it is what happened and I do not know why he would not follow through with this, particularly because that domain, is not even being used.

TalkvB will do fine without the domain pointing traffic to it. It's getting more and more each day as I build my links and add content. It's just a matter of following through with what you say and conducting yourself in a professional manor. I was pretty pissed to say the least, but I am getting over it. Just don't want it to happen to someone else.

07-15-2006, 01:37 AM
KewL is offline KewL
Expertise: Design, Music, Xhtml, Css
Software: Photoshop, Coda, FL Studio

KewL is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

That sucks man, ill stay away from him.

I hate when people post there msn conversations, thats private.

07-15-2006, 02:33 AM
blaineevans is offline blaineevans
Software:

blaineevans is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to blaineevans

Old

Is there any kind of contract saying that Matt was to leave the domain directed to the forums? Otherwise, words are usless.

07-15-2006, 02:44 AM
Andrew R is offline Andrew R
Expertise:
Software:

Andrew R is on a distinguished road

Old

Blaine, you are right, however, not keeping to his word is still bad.

Also, Matt was the reason why I stopped posting at TalkVB, he is very rude.

07-15-2006, 02:48 AM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Well Andrew, I'm not rude Feel free to stop by!

07-15-2006, 02:49 AM
sysblnk is offline sysblnk
Software:

sysblnk is on a distinguished road

Old

I dont think your issues are relevant. Google had an update and many of sites from the previous updates dramatically dropped. As for traffic, when making a sale you can't guarantee traffic to stay at the same level as they were.

As for Matt, I know theres been some problems with him in different occasions but in this case there wasn't really anything on his part.

Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >