Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1476 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Programming     Other Programming Languages :

I hope u can help me.

Thread title: I hope u can help me.
Closed Thread    
12-02-2008, 08:26 AM
Emily0415 is offline Emily0415
Expertise:
Software:

Emily0415 is on a distinguished road

Old  I hope u can help me.

I am 2 days ahead of the deadline so this has given me time to explore more about servers and domain names. Is Godaddy actually the best provider for this? Can someone explain me how servers work and how to get the best of them? I hope u can help me.

12-03-2008, 10:28 PM
dynamic313 is offline dynamic313
Software:

dynamic313 is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to dynamic313

Old

In my opinion godaddy are good for domain names but suck with hosting, this seems to be the same oppinion with many people who have had hosting from godaddy in the past. Many people complain about poor service with their hosting in regards to help and support and also that their servers are slow. many people have different suggestions about whats the best hosting i think it depends on who you are and what you require from you hosting, always a good idea to go with a hosting company who have been in service for a long period of time, also find out what other people think about them the more good responces about the company in question gives a higher chance they will be good for you.

You should always go for a hosting company who give a 30 day money back garrantee (gives you time to try it out) should start with pay per month (no contract) till your sure it suits you. Hope this helps

01-05-2009, 03:11 PM
ditch182 is offline ditch182
Expertise:
Software:

ditch182 is on a distinguished road

Old

I agree with dynamic. GoDaddy is fine for domains, in fact I use them almost exclusively. However, I have tried their hosting in the past, and it left a bit to be desired. I currently use http://**************.com, and am very happy with them.

01-12-2009, 07:56 PM
trench is offline trench
Software:

trench is on a distinguished road

Old

Be sure to pick a domain hoster with servers located in the same country as you, unless you are pointing the domain to your own servers.

01-19-2009, 05:04 PM
paitken is offline paitken
Expertise:
Software:

paitken is on a distinguished road

Send a message via ICQ to paitken Send a message via AIM to paitken Send a message via MSN to paitken Send a message via Yahoo to paitken

Old

I believe you get what you pay for. I also believe that large companies aren't great for flexibility or hosting. You're basically just another dollar. You'd be better off going with a small company for hosting. They tend to be flexible and give more personalized services. I have a VPS and an account at Dreamhost. I have had no problems with them.

Closed Thread