Today's Posts Follow Us On Twitter! TFL Members on Twitter  
Forum search: Advanced Search  
Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,256
Total Threads: 106,575
Total Posts: 592,698
There are 82 users currently browsing (tf).
 
  Our Partners:
 
  TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Programming     PHP and MySQL :

Websiite Adjustment Help

Thread title: Websiite Adjustment Help
Reply    
    Thread tools Search this thread Display Modes  
02-18-2013, 04:00 PM
#1
gruggett is offline gruggett
Status: I'm new around here
Join date: Jun 2012
Location: germantown
Expertise:
Software:
 
Posts: 21
iTrader: 0 / 0%
 

gruggett is on a distinguished road

  Old  Websiite Adjustment Help

Hello, My website www.mem-weather.com/memweather/index.php. The part of the page with the text how do I make that wider?

Reply With Quote
02-18-2013, 04:03 PM
#2
Clevertail is offline Clevertail
Clevertail's Avatar
Status: I'm new around here
Join date: Feb 2013
Location: Tampa FL
Expertise: Graphic Design, Web Design
Software: Photoshop, Illustrator, Sublim
 
Posts: 12
iTrader: 0 / 0%
 

Clevertail is on a distinguished road

  Old

Hey Gruggett, can you be a little more specific?
Are you trying to make the footer wider? This is the only part of the page I see that has text..

I see that the site is trying to use Jquery.tweet.css and super fish.css. Neither of these files can be found. if you are not using them, I suggest removing them from your markup.

Also, I noticed you have two style.css stylesheets? Which one is bering used? You should remove the ones that isn't as this could complicate things.

Reply With Quote
02-18-2013, 04:09 PM
#3
gruggett is offline gruggett
Status: I'm new around here
Join date: Jun 2012
Location: germantown
Expertise:
Software:
 
Posts: 21
iTrader: 0 / 0%
 

gruggett is on a distinguished road

  Old

Originally Posted by Clevertail View Post
Hey Gruggett, can you be a little more specific?
Are you trying to make the footer wider? This is the only part of the page I see that has text..
Hello, Sorry I just updated it could you check the site again. I also attached an image to show you.
Thanks

The whole area in the image I need to make wider. Also the white space I put a table in and it is messing up the corners of the white space. Can this be fixed with out messing up the table?

Attached Images
File Type: png image1234.png (131.5 KB, 2 views)

Reply With Quote
02-18-2013, 04:22 PM
#4
Clevertail is offline Clevertail
Clevertail's Avatar
Status: I'm new around here
Join date: Feb 2013
Location: Tampa FL
Expertise: Graphic Design, Web Design
Software: Photoshop, Illustrator, Sublim
 
Posts: 12
iTrader: 0 / 0%
 

Clevertail is on a distinguished road

  Old

Alright. I think I see what you're trying yo do. You will need to edit the size of your body table within the HTML. Set it to the maximum size you want to display. Next, you will need to edit your styled-elements.css


Code:
/* TABLE ------------------------------------------------------------*/

table, td, th {
	vertical-align:middle;
}

table {
	border-collapse:separate;
	border-spacing:0;
	border-top:1px solid white;
	margin-bottom:28px;
	width:100%;
	text-align: left;
}

th{
	border-top:5px solid #555555;
	color: #ffffff;
	padding:10px;
	text-transform:uppercase;
	background-color: #49494b;
}

td{
	padding:10px;
}

td, th{
	border-bottom: 1px solid #1f1f1f;
}

Thats the section you'll need to edit in the css.

02-18-2013, 05:37 PM
#5
gruggett is offline gruggett
Status: I'm new around here
Join date: Jun 2012
Location: germantown
Expertise:
Software:
 
Posts: 21
iTrader: 0 / 0%
 

gruggett is on a distinguished road

  Old

So the code goes in the style.css one
Originally Posted by Clevertail View Post
Alright. I think I see what you're trying yo do. You will need to edit the size of your body table within the HTML. Set it to the maximum size you want to display. Next, you will need to edit your styled-elements.css


Code:
/* TABLE ------------------------------------------------------------*/

table, td, th {
	vertical-align:middle;
}

table {
	border-collapse:separate;
	border-spacing:0;
	border-top:1px solid white;
	margin-bottom:28px;
	width:100%;
	text-align: left;
}

th{
	border-top:5px solid #555555;
	color: #ffffff;
	padding:10px;
	text-transform:uppercase;
	background-color: #49494b;
}

td{
	padding:10px;
}

td, th{
	border-bottom: 1px solid #1f1f1f;
}

Thats the section you'll need to edit in the css.

Reply With Quote
02-18-2013, 09:28 PM
#6
Clevertail is offline Clevertail
Clevertail's Avatar
Status: I'm new around here
Join date: Feb 2013
Location: Tampa FL
Expertise: Graphic Design, Web Design
Software: Photoshop, Illustrator, Sublim
 
Posts: 12
iTrader: 0 / 0%
 

Clevertail is on a distinguished road

  Old

No, the css I typed out is in your styled-elements.css. Because you are using tables for your entire layout, just edit the table elements in your html and css.

Alternatively, find all of your table elements and change them into divs. for example: <table>your content</table> would become <div id="main body content"></div>

I would suggest learning a little more about web design and div tags. I don't mean to sound rude, just trying to teach you the best way.

Here are some short things to take a quick look at: http://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/sh...e-TABLE-to-DIV

http://www.chromaticsites.com/blog/1...ebsite-design/

The use of your div tags and the"id" for each div is so that you can later style your div by calling its id in the css.

Hope this helps you.

02-18-2013, 09:53 PM
#7
gruggett is offline gruggett
Status: I'm new around here
Join date: Jun 2012
Location: germantown
Expertise:
Software:
 
Posts: 21
iTrader: 0 / 0%
 

gruggett is on a distinguished road

  Old

Thanks For the help!!!
Originally Posted by Clevertail View Post
No, the css I typed out is in your styled-elements.css. Because you are using tables for your entire layout, just edit the table elements in your html and css.

Alternatively, find all of your table elements and change them into divs. for example: <table>your content</table> would become <div id="main body content"></div>

I would suggest learning a little more about web design and div tags. I don't mean to sound rude, just trying to teach you the best way.

Here are some short things to take a quick look at: http://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/sh...e-TABLE-to-DIV

http://www.chromaticsites.com/blog/1...ebsite-design/

The use of your div tags and the"id" for each div is so that you can later style your div by calling its id in the css.

Hope this helps you.

Reply With Quote
02-18-2013, 10:16 PM
#8
Clevertail is offline Clevertail
Clevertail's Avatar
Status: I'm new around here
Join date: Feb 2013
Location: Tampa FL
Expertise: Graphic Design, Web Design
Software: Photoshop, Illustrator, Sublim
 
Posts: 12
iTrader: 0 / 0%
 

Clevertail is on a distinguished road

  Old

You're very welcome. If you still need help, I will try my best to assist you in any way I am able.

Reply With Quote
Reply    


Thread Tools
Display Modes

  Posting Rules  
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump:
 
  Contains New Posts Forum Contains New Posts   Contains No New Posts Forum Contains No New Posts   A Closed Forum Forum is Closed