Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1644 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Blogging and Community Building :

Successful Blog and Blogging

Thread title: Successful Blog and Blogging
Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
06-19-2007, 06:19 PM
Steven Fergus is offline Steven Fergus
Software:

Steven Fergus is on a distinguished road

Old  Successful Blog and Blogging

Hi there,

I'm going to ask a question which many people will be wanting an answer to, and has probably been asked numerous times before:

What's the best way to create a successful blog?

I like writing in my blog, but I find it very hard to attract readers. Perhaps this is because at the moment, it's a personal blog. Maybe people don't want to read about me and what's happening in my life. Should I choose a subject for my blog? And write only about the subject? Should I mix a few different topics in with my personal life? What do you suggest?

I'm willing to do a bit of research before picking a topic to write about; at the moment I don't know what I would like to write about (excluding personal). So whatever topic that was chosen, I would more than likely have to done some research on.

I guess I have another question to ask:

What do you like reading about?

I think if I know this answer, it will help me, and a lot of other people, become more successful bloggers.

One of the hardest things to do is too attract readers. People say readers come hand in hand with good content, but they still need to find out about the website somehow. I know there are websites such as mybloglog, but are there any affective ways to get noticed on there?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Regards,
Steven

07-18-2007, 06:26 PM
RandomTask is offline RandomTask
Expertise:
Software:

RandomTask is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to RandomTask

Old

Anything about your life that is interesting. Personal Life expirences + a little humor + a good opinion = good blog. I like reading about things I havn't heard before, something thats new and fresh, doesn't matter the subject.

09-02-2007, 01:14 AM
angela99 is offline angela99
Expertise:
Software:

angela99 is on a distinguished road

Old  Choose a niche that's popular

Hi

The easiest way to build a high-traffic blog is to choose a niche that's popular, and which ties in with your own experiences. It's very hard to blog about a popular topic if you have no experience in the topic.

OTOH, "fatblogging" has recently taken off - bloggers talking about the challenges of losing weight. Most of them don't cover weight loss information, just their own experiences.

Unless people know the blogger, they usually won't read a personal blog unless it goes beyond the personal.

Make a list of everything you're interested in, and then see how many searches there are daily for those topics. Choose a topic, and start blogging. It takes at least three months to get a good readership, although you should be able to get 50 readers a day in the first week.

I've got way too many blogs. :-)

Good luck with your blogging.

Cheers

Angela

09-02-2007, 12:45 PM
Michael C is offline Michael C
Expertise:
Software:

Michael C is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Michael C

Old

A tip I would also give is to install the do-follow plugin if you blog is wordpress then advertise the fact that you have on various forums. Its worked well for repeat visits to my blog: http://www.uniongraphite.com

11-15-2007, 07:48 PM
Lighter is offline Lighter
Expertise:
Software:

Lighter is on a distinguished road

Send a message via ICQ to Lighter

Old

Your blog must have good content which people like for reading.
Must have nice and simple design.
Must have good SEO optimalization for new people.

But for the first, you must have perfect content.

11-15-2007, 08:27 PM
Jmz is offline Jmz
Expertise:
Software:

Jmz is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Jmz

Old

I've started writing some css tutorials in my blog and its gone from 60-70 unique hits a day to 300-400+ in about a week.

So in my opinion you should mix your personal stuff with stuff that people can learn from.

11-15-2007, 10:28 PM
jm is offline jm
Expertise:
Software:

jm is on a distinguished road

Old

I'd mix it about, thats what I do. I get like nearly 200 uniques a day. Not much although it still attracts readers. Do some giveaways aswell, really has worked for me over the past few weeks by giving away $$ and also a design

11-16-2007, 03:14 PM
Lighter is offline Lighter
Expertise:
Software:

Lighter is on a distinguished road

Send a message via ICQ to Lighter

Old  Yes

YEs your blog must have unique content with your own experience, if you will copy some articles, your blog will not be popular.

And when you will help people by your own articles, people will come to your blog again and again.

Blog is different about other websites. Is very hard find readers, they come to your blog only for informations, other websites have Warez, Mp3 and it's easy to take new visitors.

Advertising on blog is much more paying.

11-24-2007, 02:52 PM
Graphixcon is offline Graphixcon
Expertise:
Software:

Graphixcon is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Graphixcon Send a message via MSN to Graphixcon Send a message via Yahoo to Graphixcon

Old

Well write about anything but to keep in mind that the content what u provide is coming out of experience or just a copy from another blog will definately count in getting successful... write what u know and u feel like sharing with other so that what u gained or lose with ur experice will count towards others being able to utilise from ur experience

04-03-2008, 03:54 PM
djdavejones is offline djdavejones
Software:

djdavejones is on a distinguished road

Old

Id say write something interesting! Yes I know, very obvious thing to say but difficult to implement. All of my old blogs were frankly a bit boring. I spent too much time talking about what I did today etc, which is all very well, but if you're not a movie star then its difficult to engage people.

Try adding some cool "how to" guides, things that people will find genuinely useful eg. How to cook this or that, or how to put a shelf up! Thats the kind of direction I'm trying to go in with my new blog: SEO For Biz. I'll be adding lots of how to guides on the various elements of this industry which hopefully people will find useful. I've also just started freelancing for a company called GetBiz, and i'll cronicling this as other freelancers may be interested in lessons learned or mistakes along the way etc.

--------------------
DJDave

Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >