Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1651 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     HTML/XHTML/DHTML/CSS :

Affiliate links

Thread title: Affiliate links
Closed Thread    
03-09-2006, 09:07 AM
Michel Z. is offline Michel Z.
Software:

Michel Z. is on a distinguished road

Old  Affiliate links

I want to give my 'affiliate' url to a webmaster. This webmaster will place my 'affiliate' url on his website in order to promote my offer, but I don't want webmaster to see which advertising network I am using which can be found out easily by looking at my 'affiliate url'!

1. What are my possibilities here?

2. If I forward to this webmaster NOT my 'affiliate' url but a link which re-directs to my 'affiliate' url that should be a solution?

For example -

My site is let see www.valadvertising.com & I will make a .php file which will re-direct straight to my 'affiliate' url (this .php file has re-direct code inside), then I can give this webmaster something like this: www.valadvertising.com/offer.php

That should solve the issue?

3. If Yes, then I am wondering if there will be not a problem with my advertising network as well, because all the traffic is going FROM: www.valadvertising.com/offer.php TO: my 'affiliate' url.

And www.valadvertising.com/offer.php is basicly non-existing, because main purpose here is re-directing! If my 'affiliate' url directly was shown on this webmaster's website, then it shouldn't be any problem because then all traffic is coming from webmaster's site to my 'affiliate' url which is ofcourse fine!!

Any suggestions here?

4. Maybe to make from my 'affiliate' url a 'tiny url' (like: http://www.tinyurl.com ) could be solution as well, but I don't think it looks very professional to be honest. Maybe you have a different idea?

Thanks a lot!

03-09-2006, 10:14 AM
jono1 is offline jono1
Expertise:
Software:

jono1 is on a distinguished road

Old

If you want my advice, stop trying to hide things and decieve people. You keep asking questions like this and everyone is going to think you're just a scammer. I dunno, maybe you are.

03-10-2006, 12:22 AM
The Ape is offline The Ape
Expertise:
Software:

The Ape is on a distinguished road

Old

ooooooooooo-ya, jono with the accuse! Z's turn. Just kidding. Seriously, Michel is speaking another language to me, but jono... "stop trying to hide things and decieve people", sounds like good advice (if that's what's going on.)

03-10-2006, 12:28 AM
jono1 is offline jono1
Expertise:
Software:

jono1 is on a distinguished road

Old

Seriously. In another topic here in the HTML/CSS coding forum he was asking how to stop the URL of links showing up in the statusbar, and now he's asking how to make webmasters think he's not part of an advertising network.

03-10-2006, 08:20 AM
Michel Z. is offline Michel Z.
Software:

Michel Z. is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by jono1
If you want my advice, stop trying to hide things and decieve people. You keep asking questions like this and everyone is going to think you're just a scammer. I dunno, maybe you are.
To be in more detail:

For example - You will promote my 'affiliate' link on you site & I will pay you certain agreed amount of money for each lead made from your site through my 'affiliate' url, you think it's smart to tell/show you my 'affiliate' url so that you can go direct?
I guess you didn't thought about this concept!

03-16-2006, 09:11 AM
Luke Armstrong is offline Luke Armstrong
Expertise:
Software:

Luke Armstrong is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Luke Armstrong

Old

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=php...utf-8&oe=utf-8

the very first link in google has the answer.

and btw, im not sure if you are allowed to act as a middle man when joined to some affiliate networks.... and besides as soon as they hit your page, it will say loading "affiliatenetwork.com/?page=someone-is-taking-a-cut-of-your-money.php"

03-16-2006, 07:16 PM
hwang is offline hwang
Software:

hwang is on a distinguished road

Old

I understand what you are saying... I think you should put a link that redirects to your affiliate link. That's is the most common way to get people referred to a service from you.

Closed Thread