Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 882 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Blogging and Community Building :

How to increase traffic for my blog

Thread title: How to increase traffic for my blog

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
04-02-2008, 05:15 PM
Spawny is offline Spawny
Expertise:
Software:

Spawny is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Spawny Send a message via MSN to Spawny

Old

Like everyone else has said, make sure you update your blog fairly regularly with good quality posts. If you haven't updated in the space of 3 days each time then you'd need to update a bit more often, because it seems that return visitors won't come back if they don't see regular posts.

Use social bookmarking sites in order to increase traffic as well, they can be very useful. Stumble your own posts every now and then, submit to Digg as well, it can help.

SEO is important as well, when I had my blog (a football one) I worked hard on SEO and making sure I get organic traffic coming from searches through google and other search engines. It does take a while for the traffic to show however, but it is definitely worth it as I ended up getting almost 3/4's of my traffic coming from search engines.

Also, try link exchanges with similar and related sites, seeing as these will have visitors who are interested in the topic that your blog is on, this way you'll get visitors that make bookmark your site because it's a topic they enjoy and if you have good quality posts then that'll be another reason.