Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1722 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     General Discussion     Member Introductions :

Recently unemployed

Thread title: Recently unemployed
07-17-2009, 04:04 PM
TheSintwar is offline TheSintwar
Software:

TheSintwar is on a distinguished road

Old  Recently unemployed

Hello all!

I have been a graphic/web designer for about 13 years now, and have been developing in Asp .Net for about 5 years.

I have had fulltime gigs ever since I began my career, and have never been laid off. Well, that all changed this past Monday.

I have always wanted to get my own thing going, but was trying to get my own web business going, as opposed to freelancing, to no avail.

I can't stand the fulltime thing anymore. I really have no desire to go back to it, and am thinking about attempting to freelance for a living, but I am fearful that I may not make enough to make ends meet.

I have lots of experience, I am a pretty good designer and developer, so I have all the skill I would need to actually make the projects, but I am not so sure about the finding the clients and pricing side of the gig. So I have come here, in hopes that I might find some help and guidance from you all.

Here are some examples of some of my latest projects:

www.WishCove.com > This site is better viewed in IE, as it is pretty heavy in png's in Flash, and FireFox seems to run it pretty slow as a result. IE runs this site very smoothly. I know better than to use so many PNG's next time.

www.LunchN.com > This site shows a lot of where my development skills are.

There have been plenty more, most of them are no longer online.

I did all of the design and coding of both sites from the ground up.

Anyway, hoping to get to know you, and learn from you all. I also have lots of knowledge to hand out to newbs looking for advice.

07-17-2009, 04:23 PM
hjalmar is offline hjalmar
Expertise:
Software:

hjalmar is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

Hi and welcome. Verry nice introduction and I hope you manage your freelance career.

Jens Hjalmarsson