Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1414 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Contracts, Business and Legal Help :

small private business on the web

Thread title: small private business on the web
Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
02-11-2006, 02:21 AM
nandalal is offline nandalal
Software:

nandalal is on a distinguished road

Old  small private business on the web

:reindeer: Advice or direction in setting up web pages for selling musical creations on the www appreciated.size 7
I have about one hundred and three mp 3 music tracks, originally created using a professional CD Rom. Have checked copyright with them and so long as I quote their company they say copyright is not an issue.
I'm more than less computer illiterate when it comes to setting something like this up, but when I get a 'bee in my bonnett' about doing something creative to make a small cash flow from, nothing stops me.
At fifty and on a pension with some severe illnesses, desktop music production and writing is the perfect way out of escallating food costs, and the cost of living in general. Also, I want to give a 25% commission to my Guru for the service they do feeding poor and giving lost people a real sense of finding a better way out than whatever they previously ever did. But, unlike some who brainwash, my spiritual associates openly encourages us to develop our own talents and careers as service.
Has anyone gone down the same road before of setting up a musical style of web page, generally of a modern nature.
All or any advice greatly appreciated.
Thanks very much.
Nandalal.
Thanks also to Glynis in the US somewhere, the fine artist who put me onto this service.

02-11-2006, 04:51 AM
Julian is offline Julian
Expertise:
Software:

Julian is on a distinguished road

Old

Maybe you should contact Jenn, she is into music stuff:
http://www.talkfreelance.com/member.php?u=2291

02-12-2006, 12:24 AM
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by nandalal
:reindeer: Advice or direction in setting up web pages for selling musical creations on the www appreciated.size 7
I have about one hundred and three mp 3 music tracks, originally created using a professional CD Rom. Have checked copyright with them and so long as I quote their company they say copyright is not an issue.
I'm more than less computer illiterate when it comes to setting something like this up, but when I get a 'bee in my bonnett' about doing something creative to make a small cash flow from, nothing stops me.
At fifty and on a pension with some severe illnesses, desktop music production and writing is the perfect way out of escallating food costs, and the cost of living in general. Also, I want to give a 25% commission to my Guru for the service they do feeding poor and giving lost people a real sense of finding a better way out than whatever they previously ever did. But, unlike some who brainwash, my spiritual associates openly encourages us to develop our own talents and careers as service.
Has anyone gone down the same road before of setting up a musical style of web page, generally of a modern nature.
All or any advice greatly appreciated.
Thanks very much.
Nandalal.
Thanks also to Glynis in the US somewhere, the fine artist who put me onto this service.
By the way, thanks Julian for your advice. I'll contact Jenn later today. Just finished night shift on a movie and music project and when you start to see dynasaurs crossing the screen, you know its time to sleep.

With an open mind, I asked the I Ching about this project.
The analogy I found it gave me was exactly this, withdraw from the moment from the turmoil of what you have to do. Have a rest, take stock of the whole situation, but above all, seek professional advice. Be prepared to be lead rather than ploughing into the deep end and drowning in disasters.

Quite appropriate I thought. Thanks Confucius, Fhu Hsi and whoever else helped you write that book. Strange how it hits the psychological blind spot every time, yet my father and so many say its rubbish. But when I say, how can you walk past a jar of nectar in the supermarket and know its not nectar if you at least don't take it home and try some. Regardless of cause and affect, versus meaningful coincidence, or someone elses theory that casting the thing hypnotises you into a state where all the metaphorical stuff can mean anything.

So glad my mother had the nouse to teach me what an open mind is.

02-13-2006, 08:05 AM
Julian is offline Julian
Expertise:
Software:

Julian is on a distinguished road

Old

Lol Nandalal, very interesting thoughts there

Good luck with your project, it looks interesting

02-15-2006, 10:27 AM
Software:

Old

By the way, thanks Julian for your advice. I'll contact Jenn later today. Just finished night shift on a movie and music project and when you start to see dynasaurs crossing the screen, you know its time to sleep.

With an open mind, I asked the I Ching about this project.
The analogy I found it gave me was exactly this, withdraw from the moment from the turmoil of what you have to do. Have a rest, take stock of the whole situation, but above all, seek professional advice. Be prepared to be lead rather than ploughing into the deep end and drowning in disasters.

Quite appropriate I thought. Thanks Confucius, Fhu Hsi and whoever else helped you write that book. Strange how it hits the psychological blind spot every time, yet my father and so many say its rubbish. But when I say, how can you walk past a jar of nectar in the supermarket and know its not nectar if you at least don't take it home and try some. Regardless of cause and affect, versus meaningful coincidence, or someone elses theory that casting the thing hypnotises you into a state where all the metaphorical stuff can mean anything.

So glad my mother had the nouse to teach me what an open mind is.
YOU WANT THE GOOD NEWS OR THE BAD

Take your pick, they won't stop me, even if I have to hand deliver the tracks around the world myself.

Arranged PayPal alright, no problems, but it says I must have a credit or mastercard in order to receive payments. So I go to my lovely bank who says they love people on low incomes (so they can kick us in the head) and I apply for a Lite Card. I wait more than long enough, so today out of curiosity I ring my bank to find the Manager has declared that on my pensioner income, I cannot afford the card. I did happen to say to the bank, "Thanks for communicating this to me by either mail or phone or email. I am so greatful for your non caring lack of service". Then I ask how can a poor guy set up a small business with no payment card. They then say, come in tomorrow with all the documentation and they will see if I can apply for a credit card which will enable the payment to go through PayPal. Restores my faith in humanity and those loving banks who care so much for us. Ha!

Thanks to all for your advice. As I said, if that doesn't work then I'll either chuck the computer out and go back to 'snail mail' and or deliver all the mp3 tracks of my own composition by foot or hitch hiking or whatever. If they think they can stop me once I get a bee in my bonnett, just because I'm on the lower end of the financial scale through no fault of my own, let them.

Nothing stops me when my mind is made up. If Arjuna could get through the battle of Kuruksetra five thousand years ago with the sound advice of Lord Krishna, then I can get through this battle of the banks in the same manner.

02-15-2006, 10:38 AM
NeiL is offline NeiL
Expertise: Graphic/Web Design
Software: Photoshop CS3

NeiL is on a distinguished road

Old

do you have a debit card? you can use a debit card, its what i use

02-15-2006, 08:05 PM
Software:

Old

YOU WANT THE GOOD NEWS OR THE BAD

Take your pick, they won't stop me, even if I have to hand deliver the tracks around the world myself.

Arranged PayPal alright, no problems, but it says I must have a credit or mastercard in order to receive payments. So I go to my lovely bank who says they love people on low incomes (so they can kick us in the head) and I apply for a Lite Card. I wait more than long enough, so today out of curiosity I ring my bank to find the Manager has declared that on my pensioner income, I cannot afford the card. I did happen to say to the bank, "Thanks for communicating this to me by either mail or phone or email. I am so greatful for your non caring lack of service". Then I ask how can a poor guy set up a small business with no payment card. They then say, come in tomorrow with all the documentation and they will see if I can apply for a credit card which will enable the payment to go through PayPal. Restores my faith in humanity and those loving banks who care so much for us. Ha!

Thanks to all for your advice. As I said, if that doesn't work then I'll either chuck the computer out and go back to 'snail mail' and or deliver all the mp3 tracks of my own composition by foot or hitch hiking or whatever. If they think they can stop me once I get a bee in my bonnett, just because I'm on the lower end of the financial scale through no fault of my own, let them.

Nothing stops me when my mind is made up. If Arjuna could get through the battle of Kuruksetra five thousand years ago with the sound advice of Lord Krishna, then I can get through this battle of the banks in the same manner.
Hi Neil,

I've got a Police Credit Union South Australian bank card with a pin that is a Redicard only and PayPal says I can spend with it, but not receive with it.

I'll apply for the Visa Credit card today. But on a Disability Support Pension and not wages, a lot of people have already told me my chances of getting either card from the banks is slim. I can only ask.

Thanks for your advice,

Nandalal

02-16-2006, 06:18 AM
jhmattern is offline jhmattern
Expertise:
Software:

jhmattern is on a distinguished road

Old

Nandalal,

I do promise I'll read through your emails tomorrow and get back to you finally. It's just been a busy week with a client. Would you prefer I email my response to you, or would you prefer I post it publicly here?

Jenn

02-16-2006, 07:16 AM
Software:

Old

Cross everything at once, they just might give me that visa credit card.
I just hope they don't make me wait ten years to find out.

Thanks to everyone too numerous to list and freelance for you help / services / advice / time and kind thoughts.

Much appreciated.

Nandalal

02-19-2006, 11:24 AM
Software:

Old  from nandalal

applied for the pay pal credit card, have all fingers crossed and a prayer or two. can only try.Thanks to all of your advice, and I have applied to get the Pay Pal Credit card.

Should make life a trifle easier if I can get the money and also spend a little here and there, should I see something on Ebay that takes my fancy.

A couple of years ago on Ebay, I saw this Buddhist I Ching book by Thomas Cleary, but not having this PayPal, I couldn't get it.
Luck turned when a devotee I knew in London said he could get it for me and he did. Fantastic book tying together the philosophy of the I Ching with the framework of Buddhism. At first I thought it might be an odd combination, but having studied the book, the two fit together like a glove.

I wasn't so lucky the second time. I saw this wood made necklace that had the polarities of one , three, five and seven for the four types of lines, that is one in sixteen of a six, moving yin, three in sixteen of a nine, moving yang, five in sixteen of a static yang and seven in sixteen of a static yin line. This necklace which looked a bit like a Tibetan mala, or one that the Krishna devotees use, had sixty four beads with those odds equally marked and colours with the line embossed into each bead. However instead of the usual one hundred and eight beads as on a mala for meditation, this one had sixty four, that is the sixteen polarity of the yarrow stalks, multiplied by four times to represent the sixty four hexagrams in the Book of Changes. The use of the beads was thus. If for example you were in a plane, or in a field and wanted to consult the I Ching and required those six mystical numbers in order to permutate the relevant hexagram and moving lines, all you had to do was reach in to that beaded necklace and take one in the fingers. Copy down the value of that line and repeat the process five more times giving the six numbers needed to consult the oracle. A far less obtrusive way of doing it if you were in a plane for example and wanted to ask something of the oracle but for obvious reasons, tossing three coins, or permutating fifty sticks was out of the question, all you needed was the beaded necklace, a piece of paper, a pen and the Book of Changes, or in some cases a desk top version on the PC. That was on Ebay and I saw them and for ages I have looked through every file there on the I Ching and paraphernalia for working out things like that. But to no avail could I find those beads. I even thought of going to a bead shop and making a set myself, but after seeing these professionally made ones with the lines in white embossed onto each of the sixty four beaded necklace, I thought luck will change one day and I will find where I saw that on the Ebay sites. With Javascript, there is a version that permutates the hexagram for you from the press of the space bar or any key, but its not the same as doing it slowly and watching the six lined figure come together from the bottom line to the top. And to see which lines are moving for the relevant texts to read in that particular case.

One day I will find where those beads are and with the PayPal card, I'll be able to grab them, but in the meantime, I try to put them out of my mind, but they just don't seem to want to leave haunting me. A truly great idea I thought.

Now if PayPal gives me that credit card as requested tonight, next time I see where those beads are, I'll grab them. It was something like black for the yang lines, white for the yin lines and red and blue for the changing lines. Who knows, someone reading this may know exactly where they are?

Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >