Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1380 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Marketplace     Looking For / Wanting to Sell Products :

Hiring Technology Writers

Thread title: Hiring Technology Writers
Closed Thread    
02-03-2006, 09:10 PM
jhmattern is offline jhmattern
Expertise:
Software:

jhmattern is on a distinguished road

Old  Hiring Computer, Video Game, Electronics, & Automotive Writers, and more!

I was recently hired as the Technology Editor for Suite101.com, a large network of sites covering a variety of topics. I am now accepting applications for the Technology Section. The link for full application details is here.

We are in the process of updating the list of final topics in the Technology section, and those changes will be reflected in the available topics shortly. However, to give you an idea of what we have available, the Technology section will be covering the following topics in one form or another:

MACs
PCs
Software
Networking
Programming
Graphic & Web Design
Web Communication (Internet, Email, Blogs)
Printers & Other computer peripherals
Mobile technology
Audio / Video / Imaging Electronics
Video Games
Auto Technology & Repairs
Cars (family / luxury / compact)
Cars (sports / custom)
Trucks / Vans / SUVs
Motorcycles / Off-road / Personal Travel
Classic Cars

These next topics are not 100% confirmed, but may be added to our list over coming days: (I'll update here when the list is confirmed.)

Buying a Car
Engineering / Architecture (mechanical, electrical, automotive, aerospace, etc.)
Technology Jobs

If you're interested and qualified, both in the subject area and as a writer, please follow the instructions here to apply. When the valid applications are forwarded to me, I will review them and contact the most qualified applicants to set up an interview before a final decision is made.

We are also looking for course developers. If you have an idea for a technology-related online course, and you're qualified to create it, please follow the application process above. Pay for course developers is in the same format as pay for writers.

Suite101.com is one of the Web’s leading and fastest growing online destinations for independent commentary, advice, and discussion by over 400 writers and subject experts. Online since 1996, Suite’s interactive, international, and inspiring coverage is amassed in 20 Sections, 400 topics, 90,000 articles and 40,000 discussion threads searchable in seconds. Suite’s team of professional Editors, Writers, and Course Developers facilitate discussion forums, operate blogs, and reach their loyal readers through RSS feeds and a monthly newsletter. 101, our continuing education platform, offers 200 free courses that walk students through a wide variety of lessons step-by-step.

02-04-2006, 06:43 PM
jhmattern is offline jhmattern
Expertise:
Software:

jhmattern is on a distinguished road

Old

I also wanted to mention that the Technology section is not the only section hiring. We're hiring writers in pretty much every section of Suite101.com! So if technology writing isn't your thing, take a look at some of our other topics, like Music, Business, Film, Sports, and more by visiting Suite101.com!

Closed Thread