Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1082 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     Suggestions and Feedback :

Complications en route to new forum release.

Thread title: Complications en route to new forum release.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
08-23-2010, 11:43 PM
Artashes is offline Artashes
Expertise: Media, business development
Software: Excel, Pen&Paper, Slack, Figma

Artashes is on a distinguished road

Old  Complications en route to new forum release.

Greetings all,

While we were able to accomplish almost all the items on the to-do for this year, for the past couple of weeks we found ourselves stuck on perhaps the most creative step - development of a new skin. The problem is not that we do not know what we want built - a relatively solid plan has been laid out weeks ago. The complication is that a freelance designer that I have been waiting for has postponed the possible start of work for 2-3 more months, partially due to my fault of not getting back to him quick enough to confirm the start of work, as I was still shopping around.

Prior to making my final decision to go with this particular designer I am talking about, we received few graphical concepts from 4 other designers over the course of last few weeks. I believe all of them are TF members as well.

Now that the lead choice designer is pushing his schedule forward by 3 months, and considering that it takes months to produce a final product, code it and integrate other content areas and features, we will not see a new skin before the beginning of next year (although the priority was to release something fresh and awesome by this coming Christmas).

So I am coming to you, the community, for your suggestions on the matter. Should we wait or pick someone everyone loves and respects to design the new TalkFreelance skin without major delay? If so, how do you see the nominations/recommendations go forward? From a creative perspective, the project we are envisioning is not simple by any means, and requires someone who has high-end design experience, ability to think outside the box and a portfolio to prove it.

Looking forward to any sensible ideas and suggestions.