Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1691 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     Suggestions and Feedback :

Writing area needs a serious purge

Thread title: Writing area needs a serious purge
12-14-2009, 08:28 PM
dealmaker is offline dealmaker
Software:

dealmaker is on a distinguished road

Old  Writing area needs a serious purge

The posted threads for writing are 3 month or longer replies to aged threads. Can't these be updated by original posters or purged? They can't be of use to the original posters, who don't respond to PM's, and they do fresh browsers no good because they are no longer viable.

Purge!

12-14-2009, 08:53 PM
spencerp is offline spencerp
Expertise:
Software:

spencerp is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via AIM to spencerp Send a message via MSN to spencerp Send a message via Yahoo to spencerp

Old

While on the discussion of Articles, and I think this was brought up in Staff before; but how about doing something with those articles from the contest? The contest is long over now, the winner received the prize money as well.

http://www.talkfreelance.com/forumdisplay.php?f=131

Maybe move those (with consent from those that wrote them of course) to the "Articles from the Experts" forum...? Or, maybe just rename "Articles from the Experts" to some thing else? Then move those articles to there? Then just "hide" the promotion forum until it's needed later? Not sure how everyone else feels, but just throwing out a suggestion.

12-14-2009, 10:04 PM
Village Genius is offline Village Genius
Expertise: Software
Software: Chrome, Notepad++

Village Genius will become famous soon enough

Old

Originally Posted by dealmaker View Post
The posted threads for writing are 3 month or longer replies to aged threads. Can't these be updated by original posters or purged? They can't be of use to the original posters, who don't respond to PM's, and they do fresh browsers no good because they are no longer viable.

Purge!
Do you mean the articles from the experts forum? If so, those articles will never be purged because they are a large part of our SEO. While not all the posts are useful, some are and going though each of them and deleting the useless posts is more work than its worth.

Originally Posted by spencerp View Post
While on the discussion of Articles, and I think this was brought up in Staff before; but how about doing something with those articles from the contest? The contest is long over now, the winner received the prize money as well.

http://www.talkfreelance.com/forumdisplay.php?f=131

Maybe move those (with consent from those that wrote them of course) to the "Articles from the Experts" forum...? Or, maybe just rename "Articles from the Experts" to some thing else? Then move those articles to there? Then just "hide" the promotion forum until it's needed later? Not sure how everyone else feels, but just throwing out a suggestion.
The original plan was to move everything into the articles forum. Thanks for brining that to our attention, I'll move it now.

12-14-2009, 10:15 PM
spencerp is offline spencerp
Expertise:
Software:

spencerp is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via AIM to spencerp Send a message via MSN to spencerp Send a message via Yahoo to spencerp

Old

Originally Posted by Village Genius View Post
Do you mean the articles from the experts forum? If so, those articles will never be purged because they are a large part of our SEO. While not all the posts are useful, some are and going though each of them and deleting the useless posts is more work than its worth.
I agree with Dan on this one. Usually I'm ALL for purging things lol. But IMHO, it's better to leave those there, regardless of the "worth" or not.

Originally Posted by Village Genius View Post
The original plan was to move everything into the articles forum. Thanks for brining that to our attention, I'll move it now.
You're welcome Dan! And thanks! Looks nicer now, that the promotions forum is off the front page too. LOL!