Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 643 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Graphic Design, Multimedia and Photography     Web Design Resources :

Yaxay - don't bother

Thread title: Yaxay - don't bother
Closed Thread  
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
04-01-2005, 12:42 AM
Salathe is offline Salathe
Expertise: Software Development
Software: vim, PHP

Salathe will become famous soon enough

Send a message via MSN to Salathe

Old

Apparently so.

04-01-2005, 12:46 AM
Anthony is offline Anthony
Expertise:
Software:

Anthony is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Anthony

Old

I just dont see it as fair to be honest, at least he made the effort. He should be rewarded for doing so.

04-01-2005, 12:49 AM
Stephen is offline Stephen
Expertise:
Software:

Stephen is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Stephen Send a message via MSN to Stephen

Old

Ok I don't normally post here but I have been in a situation like salathe before here at talkfreelance, When I was a member here I created a contest and during the last day no entries had been brought in. I then said I would not be giving a prize if only one person entered with a design as it wouldn't be very fair. However all users insist that even if somone did enter with just a scribble in paint I'd have to pay the winner(that one entry). So I quit here and only posting now to side with salathe. However the money I was offering was much larger.

Now in my opinion salathe shouldn't have to give the money to seen.to even if he is an admin etc.. I'm not sticking up for him its what I think. If there had been say 3 entrys and not just one then fine the winners should have received somthing.

To sort the problem out I suggest seen.to still gets the icon as winner at the side of his username but not the cash prize.

Right thats all I have to say.
Stephen.

04-01-2005, 01:10 AM
FiveInteractive is offline FiveInteractive
Expertise:
Software:

FiveInteractive is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to FiveInteractive Send a message via MSN to FiveInteractive

Old

Yes I can undestand if you received a bog-standards entry you may not want to pay.
A simple way to counter this is in your opening post to simply state that you reserve the right to withhold a winner from the contest and withdraw the thing compeltely if lack of participants. At the end of the day a few senteences like this and there would be no arguments. Seen.to would not feel aggrieved at the contest being ended as he would see that the terms say someone may not win, but as it was someone had to win, with no back covering, leaving the whole mess in the first place.

04-01-2005, 06:27 AM
Travis is offline Travis
Software:

Travis is on a distinguished road

Old

If you start an auction and only one person bids say $1 and there is no reserve does that mean that the buyer does not get the goods? No it doesn't. It is badluck for the seller. If the seller wants to withdraw the prize if there is only one or two entries they should put it in the contest rules that they only have to choose a winner if say > 5 people enter.

04-01-2005, 07:42 AM
DateinaDash is offline DateinaDash
Expertise:
Software:

DateinaDash is on a distinguished road

Old

Yeah, Webdesigntalk you ended the contest 2 days before the deadline and left talkfreelance (it had nothing to do with the number of entries) you simply didn't want the template anymore! I haven't seen this "templatemonster" rival appear yet? I told you to wait until the deadline before running off.

As for Salathe, as a yaxay admin (official or unofficial) he has alot of responsibility given to him and the community will obviously look upto and notice any decisions he makes. There should have been a rule, there was no rule. It clearly said....the winner will recieve $30, seen.to by default was the winner.

I don't appreciate this trash being dragged through talkfreelance, please take it over to yaxay where it belongs.

End of discussion.

Closed Thread  
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4