Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 559 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Hardware Discussion :

Voodoo Envy

Thread title: Voodoo Envy
Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
07-12-2008, 01:00 AM
Vizon is offline Vizon - Click for my Image
Expertise:
Software:

Vizon is an unknown quantity at this point

Old  Voodoo Envy

So I was wondering why the Envy was more than the macbook air. It is the same size all the way around, and for a color change its like $600. So I thought I was missing something and asked in the live chat..

I asked why the Envy is more running Vista, when OSX is a better OS is more.

The rep told me the MacBook Air has no internal hard drive.

But seriously, give me your opinions because I really thought I was missing something - why is a Voodoo Envy PC with the same spec's $2099 when the MacBook Air is $1799. In my opinion the pricing is set to fail.

07-12-2008, 01:15 AM
Garrett is offline Garrett
Software:

Garrett is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Garrett

Old

Originally Posted by Vizon View Post
So I was wondering why the Envy was more than the macbook air. It is the same size all the way around, and for a color change its like $600. So I thought I was missing something and asked in the live chat..

I asked why the Envy is more running Vista, when OSX is a better OS is more.

The rep told me the MacBook Air has no internal hard drive.

But seriously, give me your opinions because I really thought I was missing something - why is a Voodoo Envy PC with the same spec's $2099 when the MacBook Air is $1799. In my opinion the pricing is set to fail.
Comon now, you have used the OS for what a week? You can't say its better yet. You know why, because non-Apple computers can't run OS X. That's why there are a lot of Apple haters.

07-12-2008, 01:18 AM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
Comon now, you have used the OS for what a week? You can't say its better yet. You know why, because non-Apple computers can't run OS X. That's why there are a lot of Apple haters.
I new it was better before I bought this when I went to the Apple Store. I've experienced too much Vista that is why I went after a mac. I am still curious how HP plans to jump ahead charging more for something so... nonexclusive.

07-12-2008, 01:40 AM
Garrett is offline Garrett
Software:

Garrett is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Garrett

Old

I new it was better before I bought this when I went to the Apple Store. I've experienced too much Vista that is why I went after a mac. I am still curious how HP plans to jump ahead charging more for something so... nonexclusive.
It's your opinion, its not fact.

Anyhow, you can say the same thing for the Air, how did they get away with it?

07-12-2008, 03:20 AM
Awesome is offline Awesome
Expertise:
Software:

Awesome is on a distinguished road

Old

So wait, are you comparing the machine, or the OS? Because I can run either os on either machine... so given that lets drop the mindless babble shall we?

The Envy costs more because it will sell less, because it's carbon fiber, because it has IOS(pretty wicked), and because that's how much they want to sell it for. There is something to be said for not buying **** just because everyone else wants it... 'cough'.

What exactly is the point of this thread?

07-12-2008, 03:24 AM
Wildcard is offline Wildcard
Expertise:
Software:

Wildcard is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Wildcard

Old

Originally Posted by Awesome View Post
So wait, are you comparing the machine, or the OS? Because I can run either os on either machine... so given that lets drop the mindless babble shall we?

The Envy costs more because it will sell less, because it's carbon fiber, because it has IOS(pretty wicked), and because that's how much they want to sell it for. There is something to be said for not buying **** just because everyone else wants it... 'cough'.

Agreed.

07-12-2008, 04:04 AM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by Awesome View Post

Well wouldn't it be illegal to run OS X on that machine?

This isn't a battle between OS's, it's simple.

OSX is currently the best OS currently in my opinion, thats not saying Windows 7 will blow current mac's away (however.. I doubt it.).

Right now they are selling THE ****TIEST OS on a computer who has the same spec's as another laptop by a competitor that sells for less and has one of the best operating systems in the market today.

I'm just curious how they think this is going to work when it is coming out even later than the cheaper machine..

07-12-2008, 10:17 AM
Jeff Andersen is offline Jeff Andersen
Software:

Jeff Andersen is on a distinguished road

Old

Well wouldn't it be illegal to run OS X on that machine?

This isn't a battle between OS's, it's simple.

OSX is currently the best OS currently in my opinion, thats not saying Windows 7 will blow current mac's away (however.. I doubt it.).

Right now they are selling THE ****TIEST OS on a computer who has the same spec's as another laptop by a competitor that sells for less and has one of the best operating systems in the market today.

I'm just curious how they think this is going to work when it is coming out even later than the cheaper machine..
So I take it this is how a fanboy is born?

Anyhow, no it's not illegal to run OS X on an intel machine as long as you actually own a copy of the OS legitimately.

12-23-2008, 03:42 AM
richiejenkins is offline richiejenkins
Expertise:
Software:

richiejenkins is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
Hackint0sh - http://ideneb.ihackintosh.net/

Works my friend

07-12-2008, 01:56 AM
inlustris is offline inlustris
Software:

inlustris is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

Voodoo overcharges for all their PC's. It's apparently the look that makes them so expensive.

Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >