Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1600 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Graphic Design, Multimedia and Photography     Web Design Resources :

Artistic Integrity Vs. Client Wishes?

Thread title: Artistic Integrity Vs. Client Wishes?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
05-21-2008, 08:13 PM
Acorn Studios is offline Acorn Studios
Software:

Acorn Studios is on a distinguished road

Old  Artistic Integrity Vs. Client Wishes?

Just looking for opinions here. I'm doing a web site for a water engineering company. I've built some good client relationships and word of mouth based on my artistic style. However, when working with this client, they've made me change a lot of what looked good with the design. They're the type of people who want things to be exactly their way, I suppose (don't get me wrong, they're nice people, just particular). The result is, I've had to replace a lot of good sleek graphic design with pictures they've provided, which are dated and shoddy. The website is looking like a mix between a modern site and something that came out in 1997. I'm not sure how to feel or act... I was hoping to add the site to my portfolio, and even though the client is pleased with me making their revisions the site is more embarassing to me now. Any ideas?

Your truly

Jack Rennon