Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 835 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Advertising, SEO and Social Marketing :

Advertise Image Hosting Site

Thread title: Advertise Image Hosting Site
Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
11-02-2007, 07:47 PM
LeeP is offline LeeP
Expertise:
Software:

LeeP is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to LeeP

Old  Advertise Image Hosting Site

Basically I want to advertise my image hosting site imghold, but I've got no real idea where to do it. I've already got a banner at Planet Renders which is getting a few clicks and a link at Photoshop tutorial site which is doing suprisingly well, but I want to get a lot more traffic, any ideas where to advertise?

11-02-2007, 08:15 PM
Jmz is offline Jmz
Expertise:
Software:

Jmz is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Jmz

Old

Image host is a hard one, the market is very saturated and bigger sites can make it hard especially when starting up.

My idea for an image hosting site would be something like, get some pens or something with the sites name on, then someone needs to upload an image and they're trying to think where to upload it and voila! There's a pen with your url on right in front of them.

What I'm trying to say is, to really break through in that market you'll have to think outsite the normal online marketing confines.

11-02-2007, 08:33 PM
Seb is offline Seb
Expertise:
Software:

Seb is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Jmz View Post
Image host is a hard one, the market is very saturated and bigger sites can make it hard especially when starting up.

My idea for an image hosting site would be something like, get some pens or something with the sites name on, then someone needs to upload an image and they're trying to think where to upload it and voila! There's a pen with your url on right in front of them.

What I'm trying to say is, to really break through in that market you'll have to think outsite the normal online marketing confines.
I like your approach to thinking, but when you look at this in depth, it's not very practical. Take the bulk cost for say, 10,000 pens. Cheaply, say 15 cent each. Which works out to $1,500 - quite a lot. How many of those people do you think will use the site? And then how many of those will generate revenue on the site by some sort of PPC? Each person would need to generate 15 cent of revenue for you to break even.

Having said that, I don't have another idea yet

11-02-2007, 10:05 PM
Marky is offline Marky
Expertise:
Software:

Marky is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Jmz View Post

To be honest, I think this is a terrible idea... first off, as Seb said pens cost quite a bit. As a percentage, Im guessing that it'll be low for cost -> traffic. Secondly, how will you distribute the pens? Where will they go? Who would you target?
Im thinking that if you were to advertise an image host 'offline', a small advertisement in the papers would be more effective (however even this isn't a decent method of traffic).

An image host, in my opinion, is best advertised on the net. However, if it was to get big enough, it could be advertised offline. Maybe a few leaflets in shops, or places where you must wait (I.e. the underground etc.). But realistically, advertising on the net is a lot cheaper, and due to the type of traffic your looking for, a lot more effective.

Advertising on sites such as eBay, and other auctioning sites, is a good place to start. This is because eBay offer free hosting for one image, but you must pay for further images (or even a gallery). So people host them for free elsewhere.

Another good place to advertise would be graphics forums/sites. There are many forums out there that are dedicated to people learning/showing off their graphical talent. Many of these people don't have web space, and so will need an image host.

Hope it's helped a little, and good luck

Marky

11-02-2007, 11:16 PM
LeeP is offline LeeP
Expertise:
Software:

LeeP is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to LeeP

Old

Thanks for your ideas. I really only want to advertise online, as I don't have the funds for offline and I don't see the rewards being great for such a lot of money.

eBay seems to be a good idea, and I stated I already got some adverts on plant renders and photoshop tutorial sites, so maybe I just need to get more?

Thanks for your input.

11-02-2007, 11:22 PM
damien is offline damien
Software:

damien is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to damien

Old

Host popular images and get on digg's frontpage.

11-12-2007, 03:06 AM
HostDogs is offline HostDogs
Software:

HostDogs is on a distinguished road

Old

Advertise on Proxy sites. I think that would be a good place to promote your image hosting site. I was also thinking that you could add myspace resources to your image hosting site. You could also come up with some graphics for myspace.

It takes time just keep pluggin at it.

11-13-2007, 03:35 PM
mtorregiani is offline mtorregiani
Software:

mtorregiani is on a distinguished road

Old

Try to give rewards to people if the image they uploaded reaches 1000 visits (in example).
That'll bring you traffic, you just need to post in a lot of contests forums.

11-29-2007, 02:34 PM
eqozonline is offline eqozonline
Software:

eqozonline is on a distinguished road

Old

The only answer is > Social Bookmarking sites

12-06-2007, 11:33 PM
momo14 is offline momo14
Software:

momo14 is on a distinguished road

Old

i have image hosting site too. i need to advertise.

Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >