Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 860 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Browsers and Operating Systems :

Linux Distro

Thread title: Linux Distro
Closed Thread  
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
02-21-2009, 03:31 AM
DamienDarwick is offline DamienDarwick
Expertise: vbulletin
Software: photoshop,dreamweaver

DamienDarwick is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to DamienDarwick Send a message via MSN to DamienDarwick Send a message via Yahoo to DamienDarwick

Old

I've used a few linux distro's. So far I have not found "the one" I think though. Currently I'm using Mandriva 2009 full time but its got some little problems that are annoying like not being able to use my printer for no apparent reason. In the past I've used Ubuntu (love it but it does not offer the drivers I need and I have to edit a config file to get some things to work), Fedora (so-so), & OpenSuSE (did not like it, sorry). I'm looking to possibly install a better distro soon was thinking about one that has been deemed pretty stable called CentOS 5.2. I'll most likely give it a try and see how it works. For desktop I use Gnome mainly because it comes already installed in the distros I've tried so far. From what I've seen KDE offers so much more that I might want to try it out in the future. I no longer use windows at all, I'm strickly 100% linux now days. I'm still able to design web sites & work on skins in linux using wine to have photoshop & dreamweaver + you can use an IE clone to view sites or use a browser shots page to see screenshots. Its all works very well for me

Closed Thread  
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3