1. I'm going to leave this one to Artashes.
2. I don't think this is a great idea, we have an IRC and it is never used. Chat features are usually a trivial feature on forums and cheapen the UI experience.
3. I really like this idea, do you know of any vB plugins that might help us?
4. We are in the process of getting a new design which will come with an entirely new interface. I'm not a fan of the current one either.
5. That would probably fall under Graphic Design, Multimedia and Photography, I don't think it would see enough activity to merit it's own section at this time. If, in the future, we begin to see a lot of activity of that sort it may be an option.
Thank you for the suggestions, it's always nice to see members wanting to help improve things.
I'd address the points left for me by VG, or in addition to what he has said:
1. Posts are the only way for us to track user's history and activity. There is no intention to provide the ability to delete your own threads. This also helps us deal with those who might want to try to cover their tracks by removing their content.
3. I equally like this idea. But we don't have to limit it to a vBulletin plug-in. I welcome any other products we can install in top of it, as long as we can integrate the membership database. If you can find a software that will do the trick, link us up!
1. I'd say this is part of the reason why forums are dying. Refusal to evolve. Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, StackOverflow, and YouTube, all these websites allow users to delete their content. Just forums stuck in the stone-age worried about losing precious content don't allow it.
If you're worried about users covering their tracks you can easily store the data but hide it from public viewing.
This probably isn't the right place to post this - but it is related to new feature requests (loosely). Having been a member for a long, long time I am utterly disgusted at the way things have gone & the speed at which things have been done. I appreciate the fact that those involved have other (possibly more important) commitments but we've been waiting for this new design for what - 2-3 years!? Whatever is being done isn't working.
I've been a staunch defender of TFL over the years but whats gone on is an absolute abomination of what was a lovely community.
t0m, the design has been sitting ready for a loooong while. The problem is that I cannot find a quality coder who is (a) not busy or overloaded as it is, (b) confident and proficient enough to deliver on not very easy technical objectives and (c) have a great attention to detail.
Preferably, I'd like to work with someone who has a long and a positive track record at TalkFreelance, or comes in highly recommended by someone I trust.