Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1633 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Marketplace     Services Offered / Looking to Hire :

[For Hire] StrictPixel (PHP, HTML, Design)

Thread title: [For Hire] StrictPixel (PHP, HTML, Design)
Closed Thread    
04-10-2008, 04:36 PM
mike.fro is offline mike.fro
Expertise: Design
Software:

mike.fro is on a distinguished road

Old  [For Hire] StrictPixel (PHP, HTML, Design)

Hello Everyone,
We are currently still in development for our company but would like to begin accepting clients to build up our company portfolio instead of showing clients our individual portfolios. So with that said we are currently taking on work in the following fields:

PHP/MySQL
Web Design/Graphics Design
xHTML/CSS Coding
Forum integration/skinning

If you are interested in any of the following please either email me at mike@strictpixel.net or add me on MSN at mike.froseth@gmail.com and we can discuss prices, I can also show you my previous work as well as my partners.

Note: Prices will be much lower than usual being that we are working to build our company portfolio. So keep that in mind.

Thank you.

04-10-2008, 04:46 PM
thatjamie is offline thatjamie
Expertise: Ruby, Rails, jQuery
Software: Chocolat, Sublime Text 3

thatjamie is on a distinguished road

Send a message via Skype™ to thatjamie

Old

I'd recommend getting yourself your own designed blog theme up quickly, even if it's not the best, I'm inclined to hire you because your blog isn't shouting out at me.

Also, it'll be hard to persuade many people to put their money into your hands without some portfolio. Why not create something simple like a guestbook, or login system that you can put up? This doesn't take long to achieve and would make your visitors a bit more positive on hiring you..

Just a few suggestions . .

04-10-2008, 04:56 PM
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by Jamie B View Post
I'd recommend getting yourself your own designed blog theme up quickly, even if it's not the best, I'm inclined to hire you because your blog isn't shouting out at me.

Also, it'll be hard to persuade many people to put their money into your hands without some portfolio. Why not create something simple like a guestbook, or login system that you can put up? This doesn't take long to achieve and would make your visitors a bit more positive on hiring you..

Just a few suggestions . .
Well we are in the process of developing our own blog theme (just not finished) as well as a couple turnkey sites but they still have not been complete. We do have previous work we can show, i'd just rather show it to the client wanting to hire us rather than a whole community being that some of the sites are not launched yet and I am not quite sure if the clients would want their website shown on a large community like this.

I do understand where your coming from though and thanks for the tips.

04-10-2008, 05:01 PM

Old

Originally Posted by mike.fro View Post
Well we are in the process of developing our own blog theme (just not finished) as well as a couple turnkey sites but they still have not been complete. We do have previous work we can show, i'd just rather show it to the client wanting to hire us rather than a whole community being that some of the sites are not launched yet and I am not quite sure if the clients would want their website shown on a large community like this.

I do understand where your coming from though and thanks for the tips.
But if you're wanting to show your work to those who just request it, you could look it from a point of view that you're limiting your maximum sales possible. If everyone was to see how amazing your work was they'll enquire about it, but your selective audience who do e-mail you to find out more aren't going to e-mail you in a frame of mind where they're likely to be amazed straight away, probably will have found another programmer by the time you reply..

Just my opinion. I've done that many times in the past, I've seen a site with no work, but I've heard good things about the programmer/team but they haven't had anything solid for me to see straight away, so I moved on while I was waiting for a reply from them and found a few other programmers I went with instead because their work was available straight away.

Obviously this will change once you do get your site online, but just for now, that's at least how I think.

PS - Have you had any clients before?

Cheers,

Jamie

04-10-2008, 05:18 PM
Software:

Old

I understand and that will be changed. To answer your question, yes I have had clients before. I've been doing this for going on 6 years now and just recently got back into it after college classes took a hold of me. An online friend of mine and myself decided to start a small design firm and that is where StrictPixel comes in.

04-10-2008, 05:39 PM

Old

Originally Posted by mike.fro View Post
I understand and that will be changed. To answer your question, yes I have had clients before. I've been doing this for going on 6 years now and just recently got back into it after college classes took a hold of me. An online friend of mine and myself decided to start a small design firm and that is where StrictPixel comes in.
Excellent. Get some kind words from your previous clients up on your blog, and maybe these can be some of your portfolio work you could link to? I wouldn't mind a PM with some of your development. I'm highly interested in getting a few things done for an upcoming site of mine.

Best of luck in the market.

Cheers

04-10-2008, 05:52 PM
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by Jamie B View Post
Excellent. Get some kind words from your previous clients up on your blog, and maybe these can be some of your portfolio work you could link to? I wouldn't mind a PM with some of your development. I'm highly interested in getting a few things done for an upcoming site of mine.

Best of luck in the market.

Cheers
Thank You. I've thought about doing that and will most likely try and get a few testimonials. I'll gather up a few projects and send you a PM with what I have.

Closed Thread