Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1150 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Advertising, SEO and Social Marketing :

Increase CTR

Thread title: Increase CTR
Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
03-15-2008, 12:44 PM
golova is offline golova
Software:

golova is on a distinguished road

Old

I would say it really depends on your site - and just by looking to it is hard to say. I would try different placements for a week and then analyze logs to see if my returned user ration changes (or any other parameters you want to measure).

03-16-2008, 11:45 AM
Educator is offline Educator
Expertise:
Software:

Educator is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by emptyspaceads View Post
You have quite a bit of empty space on your website, and I think my product, emptyspaceads could help you monetize it better with CTR of 3% or so if you count conservatively and 6% if not.
Actually, I have tried emptyspaceads on my site and they look pretty good, I've had them placed so they are not obtrusive, i.e., they only appear on the space that has nothing on it at the end of both side columns.

The folks at emptyspaceads are very nice and they helped me out a lot in getting mine setup. Most folks don't need that kind of hand holding but I wanted mine to be 'special'

You can even have them appear over static and non-static areas of your site. I especially like the static areas of my page which do not change that much if at all. They appear once the visitor's mouse is over the area and then they go away after a few second....really drawing the visitor's attention to them.

You might want to have a look at their web site and try them out.
Dan

03-16-2008, 11:51 AM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

I have noticed that revenue per click on PPC type ads may tend to be seasonal.

I have a small web site which started in late October 2007 that just can't get past a PR rating of zero, so I've stopped trying and focused on quality posts.

Well, for much of the winter I was averaging say between $0.15 and $0.50 per click.

Then all of a sudden the past two weeks the average has been steadily and quickly going up to between $0.50 and $0.75. Then yesterdaay I averaged $.90 on a day that I had the most clicks ever.

It think seasonality plays a factor with rate per click. My site deals with home renovations and in North America we are just about to or have just started, depending what part of the continent one is on, the spring home renovation season which is the prime activity. So, I am thinking that building supply retailers and distributors are willing to pay more for their ads to appear.

Hope that helps!

03-16-2008, 11:54 AM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

One more thing (sorry, but I have a lot of thoughts running through my head this morning).

I did notice that the ads ad the end of my articles are receiving many more clicks than the ones on the right column.....many more clicks.

And, that the rate per click are also about 4 times higher on those ads at the end of my articles than for the same ones on the right column.

Dan

09-14-2008, 12:13 AM
VPSLime is offline VPSLime
Software:

VPSLime is on a distinguished road

Old

subtly placing images next to the ads work wonders. But dont try to pass the images off as part of the ads!

Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2