Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1129 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Ecommerce World :

Paypal selling safety

Thread title: Paypal selling safety
Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
11-14-2007, 01:51 PM
Saulie is offline Saulie
Expertise:
Software:

Saulie is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Saulie Send a message via Skype™ to Saulie

Old  Paypal selling safety

Right guys, now I'm coming up to the point where I want to sell a few bits and bobs that I have over forums using paypal. Before I had only done it twice and both times ended up getting charge backs against me. I didn't bother following it up and trying to get my money back because they were only small sums and it wasn't worth the hassle but now I want to sell some stuff for respectable sums of money and am worried about how safe am I that I will actually get to keep the money I receive.

How often do you guys get chargebacks and what can you do in those situations, are you protected in any way by paypal?

I'm very new to this as you can tell, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Saulie =)

11-14-2007, 02:26 PM
jm is offline jm
Expertise:
Software:

jm is on a distinguished road

Old

This year there was a massive case of chargebacks through a guy called MikeFro. Everyone he done business with, he disputed a chargeback. I would firstly complain to Paypal and tell them the situation and then overtime you'd get your money back. I am saying this as I have been through this situation although through large sums of money. High $x,xxx.

11-14-2007, 05:51 PM
Saulie is offline Saulie
Expertise:
Software:

Saulie is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Saulie Send a message via Skype™ to Saulie

Old

Originally Posted by Aftermath View Post
This year there was a massive case of chargebacks through a guy called MikeFro. Everyone he done business with, he disputed a chargeback. I would firstly complain to Paypal and tell them the situation and then overtime you'd get your money back. I am saying this as I have been through this situation although through large sums of money. High $x,xxx.
Thanks mate =)

I heard about him charging back from loads of people, but what your telling me is that you are safe as a seller through paypal and will receive yuor money back eventually right? I'm wondering what sort of protection sellers have from people who do chargebacks.

11-20-2007, 05:59 PM
pufayes is offline pufayes
Software:

pufayes is on a distinguished road

Old

hi guys let me ask you a question!what if i have money in my paypal and then paypal closes my account! what do i do and will i still be able to get my money back!

11-22-2007, 01:17 AM
aLx is offline aLx
Expertise:
Software:

aLx is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to aLx

Old

Originally Posted by pufayes View Post
hi guys let me ask you a question!what if i have money in my paypal and then paypal closes my account! what do i do and will i still be able to get my money back!
you... cry

You wont get your money back

11-22-2007, 03:10 AM
dvduval is offline dvduval
Software:

dvduval is on a distinguished road

Old

You figure there will always be a small percentage of people that are dishonest, but most people are okay. We can't beat all of them, but it is not uncommon for me to successfully fight and win in a chargeback case.

11-23-2007, 08:14 PM
Awesome is offline Awesome
Expertise:
Software:

Awesome is on a distinguished road

Old

GoogleCheckout is easy to get going, and they actually work with you on every chargeback unlike PayPal.

11-30-2007, 02:47 PM
Multitechie is offline Multitechie
Software:

Multitechie is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Multitechie Send a message via MSN to Multitechie Send a message via Yahoo to Multitechie Send a message via Skype™ to Multitechie

Old

I have had this happen to me a few times before. I have never gotten to keep my money eaither. Paypal is beginning to really upset me.

12-01-2007, 12:43 PM
Zameera is offline Zameera
Software:

Zameera is on a distinguished road

Old

I got scammed buy a seller who was trying to sell E-gold to me. I know it's against PayPal's rules. But then I needed E-gold. So, I paid him PayPal & he didn't pay me the E-gold. So, I opened a dispute & finally got my money back without fees charged. But it was only low $x though.

12-02-2007, 06:00 AM
dvduval is offline dvduval
Software:

dvduval is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Zameera View Post
I got scammed buy a seller who was trying to sell E-gold to me. I know it's against PayPal's rules. But then I needed E-gold. So, I paid him PayPal & he didn't pay me the E-gold. So, I opened a dispute & finally got my money back without fees charged. But it was only low $x though.
Yes, I had almost the exact same thing happen to me, except I was trying to sell off egold and as soon as they sent me the paypal money, the transaction was disputed and then a fraud. So now I will just hold the egold money and not try to switch it to paypal.

Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >