Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1047 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Articles From The Experts :

Marketing via Email. Why aren't People Replying?

Thread title: Marketing via Email. Why aren't People Replying?
Closed Thread    
09-21-2005, 06:52 PM
logo2d is offline logo2d
Expertise:
Software:

logo2d is on a distinguished road

Old  Marketing via Email. Why aren't People Replying?

by: Anthony Jewell

Chances are if people haven't requested to receive an email from you then you are wasting time. Let me guess your routine:

-Select a list of names.
-Type in subject and body text
-Click send.

Then your email is sent to as many people as you want, even thousands. So why aren't they replying or jumping at your offer? Well it could because they consider it spam(meaning they didn't request it). So probably right now your great offer and email are sitting in a Spam folder, Trash bin or they haven't checked their email and haven't gotten a chance to delete it, yet. So basically all of your time and effort as well as your money is also sitting in your trash bin. But why?

It is very simple. Just like the many number of flyers and ads we receive through regular post(which most of them end up in the garbage), people hate to get mail(email or not) that they have not requested. Sure we every so often get a coupon in the mail we love to use but other then that it is just a waste of our time. For the amount of spam that we get takes alot of time to either delete. It also gets frustrating even when we set up our filters that some emails still get through(or good emails get put into our bulk folder). Alot of time even a good email is mass produced to be sent out to hundreds of people and usually doesn't address us. It is just a template that you use. Which leads us to our next problem with this.

Even more so today you have to protect your pc. When ever I see an email I don't recognize or something I didn't sign up for I immediately think "is this spam or is this a virus". Which then usually leads me to delete it without even reading the offer inside. This is because there are so many people out there sending spam and viruses via email that no matter how good your offer is or how much money I will save. If I open up an email that has a virus, it will probably cost me alot more time, money and headaches to get it fixed then all of the offers out there combined. So it isn't worth the hassle.

Now with so much spam out there don't be afraid to address possible clients via email, just make sure you personalize it as much as you can. Just remember this saying. If it looks like spam, acts like spam and I didn't request it. Then it is probably spam and I will delete it.
----------------------------------------------------
Anthony Jewell has over 6 Years experience in the Web & Graphics World. You can visit my business at http://www.logo2d.com

©Copyright 2005 Logo2D.com : Feel free to use this article freely but please keep in the copyright

10-02-2005, 12:38 PM
DateinaDash is offline DateinaDash
Expertise:
Software:

DateinaDash is on a distinguished road

Old

I agree with you on this, i've mastered the art of personalization (is that a word?)

10-02-2005, 12:50 PM
Salathe is offline Salathe
Expertise: Software Development
Software: vim, PHP

Salathe will become famous soon enough

Send a message via MSN to Salathe

Old

I was going to PM you this Robson, but it seems your PM limit has been reached.
--
Originally Posted by Robson
... the art of personalization (is that a word?)
Yeah, it's a word alright. But us Brits tend to prefer spelling things with an 's' rather than a 'z' (American-English).

Colourise vs. Colorize
Personalise vs. Personalize
Organisation vs. Organization
Analyse vs. Analyze
etc.

There's my lesson for the day!

Cheers,
Peter

10-02-2005, 01:27 PM
chaka42 is offline chaka42
Expertise:
Software:

chaka42 is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via AIM to chaka42 Send a message via MSN to chaka42 Send a message via Skype™ to chaka42

Old

why is that peter? i always wondered why you brits do that. i mean, it's still pronounced like a "z"...so what's the deal?

10-02-2005, 10:07 PM
Gethin is offline Gethin
Expertise:
Software:

Gethin is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Gethin

Old

I'm British and I always seem to use a Z, then again I usually spell in the American way for some reason... hmmm

Good article!

10-03-2005, 06:39 AM
Techno is offline Techno
Expertise:
Software:

Techno is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by chaka42
it's still pronounced like a "z"
That doesn't really matter because "za" and "sa" sound similar when brits say it

10-03-2005, 02:59 PM
logo2d is offline logo2d
Expertise:
Software:

logo2d is on a distinguished road

Old

Hi,

Glad that you like it. Not sure on the exact spelling(dang spell check never around when you need it.lol) it but we know what you mean. Take care.

Anthony,
Logo2D.com

Closed Thread